FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By sensFlytraps
Hi guys! I bought some Venus flytrap seeds 2 months ago and they still haven’t germinated. This is the second time this happened. I kept the area humid, gave it enough water and gave it plenty of sunlight. Can someone tell me why this is happening? Am I doing something wrong? :?:
By ChefDean
And what did the seeds themselves look like Real VFT seeds are small (~1mm), black, shiny, and teardrop shaped. Many people sell basil, dragonfruit, or other seeds and say they're VFT's. Many seeds from ebay and other sources are not legit. I don't recognize that box, but I don't know every seller,... yet.
If you don't get any germination from those, stick around and request some real VFT seeds from the seed bank.
sans, andynorth liked this
By steve booth
Agreed, buy from reputable growers and know what you are looking at before you get them. There are too many scammers out there.
Also you mention you kept the area humid, there is no need to cover teh seeds with a dome or a bag, just keep the soil moist that's enough. covering the seeds generally reduces air movement and increases the likelihood of mould.

Cheers
Steve
andynorth liked this
By andynorth
Panman wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:43 pm Thanks, but I don't think the neps came from me.
OK. Not sure why I had them in with what I received from you. I guess I will have to let them grow to see if I made a mistake in labeling. Pretty good chance of that. Do you by chance recall which seeds you sent me? I know it might be difficult with all the seeds you send out.

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Thanks all. The only place I didn’t think […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!