FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Kbud
After a long time, My wild sphag. is starting to grow back. After being in a bag for a few days hurt it, but moss sure is resilient. These pictures are bad, because I took them with my iPod. Anyway, just wanted to show it. In the bog I collected it from, it had sundews and bladderworts growing there - first time I've ever seen CPs in the wild, and the moss was red. Maybe I can get pictures of that bog up later on. Anyway, enjoy!

Kbud :)
Attachments:
IMG_1200.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG (108.24 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1201.JPG (112.41 KiB) Viewed 3424 times
By David F
That is really interesting! Where did you collect it from? I've kept sphagnum pretty well and it grows long as you keep it moist.

As long as the humidity is near 100% and you give it a reasonable amount of light it will really grow.

You might want to decrease the amount of water, it's fine to flood it once in a while, but it does well without being submerged. Rather than giving it a ton of water, you could put a baggy over the top to increase humidity.

I'm not sure if you are growing it under lights, if not you should be able to expose it to a bit of direct sunlight (not too much) especially since it is a red variety. Red varieties tend to soak up more light before they color up and grow nicely.
By Kbud
You got it! I collected it from the Hanging Bog, southern NY. Don't worry, it was only a few strands. I don't want to hurt nature.

In total it was about 5-6 strands. I am growing it under lights.

Will humidty make it grow faster?
By David F
Yes lots of humidity, good amount of light, but you don't need to flood it ;)
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!