FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
I know that there have been some not-so-good reviews of plants from Cooks, but I went ahead ordered some Pings from him because the prices were good...P. Primuliflora and P. Sethos to be exact. I actually received them early (wasn't said to come till Saturday) and I went and picked them up this morning. I must say I am impressed with them. they look very healthy. the Primuliflora came potted already, and the Sethos I potted in perlite (for drainage and aeration). here they are:

Primuliflora (wasn't thinking I was gonna get this many plants lol. plus I don't think I'm gonna leave it sitting in water because it looks to be in a peat-based medium, and that retains alot of water)

Sethos

and the Sethos has a baby starting to pop out underneath!! saw it when I was trying to clean some of the LFS that it was shipped in off. so hopefully that survives. plus I noticed too on the Sethos that it has some predatory mites with it (they aren't spider mites; they are orange-red, large, fast-moving, and look like the predatory mites I have seen images of. plus they look like the ones that were on my sisters' spring cactus that had a mite problem and now it doesn't once they showed up) all in all I am happy with my plants! now I just have to keep them alive lol :P
By Earthy
*update post*

so far the plants are doing great; Sethos is putting out more leaves and the baby is getting bigger, and Primuliflora is also growing well. I plan on repotting my Sethos into the all-mineral mix I will be getting this week from Cascade Carnivores (to conserve my perlite lol); I also ordered a P. Esseriana which I will post a review for when I get that...pictures too :D
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!