FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Hayden
Closed :)
Last edited by Hayden on Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By tc3driver
Hi fish...

I am going to have to toss this in the "uncool" things to do directory. There is no need to further fragment information, and create a competitor to this site, or the multitude of others out there, unless for some reason you don't have a liking for this site, or disagree with the contents of this site. As far as I can tell you have received nothing but a warm welcome and good advice here. So this move is a bit confusing to me.
By Hayden
Tc3, the website is not anything to "overtake" this site, this is my favourite site of all. Basically its a website for new people, to come along and get the article or website for them as quick as possible. As you can see, ive voted this forum top of most of the lists.

To be honest, it was just a little thing I made up to pass time. In hope to guide somebody in the right direction :)
By Ronnie
Should have kept the site.
People flick through many websites before reaching this one. And there are lots of sites with false information! The more websites with the correct information the more chance people will care for there plants better.
Ronnie liked this
By roey benjamin marcus
That is the most illogical, unimportant idea I've seen yet. Not only does fish30 have a chance at giving away information that may be false, but the most popular sites are at the front of a Google search, which are most likely the ones with best information. Also, fish30's website is obviously going to start off pages away from the best sites like SNW, cascade carnivores, and FTC. It would be a waste of a website, and why separate from FTC? I would think to be on the site more often than spending time making a knockoff. In fact, I could copy and paste all the information onto tons of websites labeled along the lines of "carnivorous plants" or "vft care", it wouldn't make a penny difference. People knew to CPs would be benefitted more if, instead of fish30 spending the time he would waste making a new website that couldn't ever reach such heights of store/care sites like the sites mentioned before, he could spread the word about FTC and others in order to make them be at the top of search engines.
By Doomsday
Wow just give fish a freakin break guys! He's a nice new member with ambition and several people on here are being ****** to him. He made a site that im sure is better than most of you can create, and he is showing great interest in the cp community. FTC is a great community, but it is NOT, the only forum. its not like he spammed here or anything. If you dont like it dont go to it simple as that.
Roey wrote:It would be a waste of a website
^^^Seriously? thats just not productive in any way.

ANyway, i dont feel you should have closed it, but it is your choice.
dont let any of this commotion discourage you from trying to help others or even just enjoying cp's
Last edited by Doomsday on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
By tc3driver
Hayden,

I intended no offense by my post, but I stand by my point, using an established web site, that caries the same content, to launch another site is uncool.

I hold no ill will towards you, and am happy to help when I can :D

Doomsday,

I made my point, please do not lump me in with roey.

roey,

Learn some tact.

The only real waste of time I see around here is 90% of your posts.
By roey benjamin marcus
And you've made more of a waste of time by posting after the thread was closed. And so did Doomsday, and Ronnie, and me too. And nobody "lumped" you in with me. They're not going to specify you to give you any break, and I really think your post was much more unnecessary than my other ones. What are you trying to do now? Blame it all on me. As rude as it is, the things I have said are true. It's not even one in a million that fish30 would be able to make a website that could make there any less gap between good sites like FTC and sites that give false content. And if it does reach such a high peak, it will become a rivalry between other top carnivorous plant sites.

" He made a site that im sure is better than most of you can create"
You're not sure of that. You don't know all of the information he could provide. You don't know if all of of could do better at making a CP site or none of us by the evidence so far. I'm not saying I could, but you are clearly making this up in your head. Almost everyone knows the basics and thereis so much information learned on Flytrapcare forums as well as caresheets. By saying he's a new member and then saying the quote above, " He made a site that im sure is better than most of you can create" you're contradicting yourself.

I bet you're going to make some save-your-back reply now, aren't you? This could all so easily end by us backing away from this closed topic, but it probably won't happen.
By Hayden
Can I just say, tc3 has been one of the biggest helps ive had on this forum
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!