FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Dionae
I give them a 6/10. Took 3 weeks to get my order. Overcharged for shipping. Live sphagnum was half dead and full of sticks, grass and leaves. Couple plants in very bad shape. Out of the 8 plants I ordered one might be mature eventhough they say they only ship mature plants on their site. Very poor packaging...just wrapped in a paper towel and put in a baggie. Probably wont order from them again. Going to spend most of the growing season trying to nurse everything back to health...kind of like Lowes :P . They were nice though :) .

Not sure if this area is for bad reviews but this is just my experience with them. If this is inappropriate admin should remove.
By Dubstep13
Sarracenia alata "Purple helmet" (mature plant)
Utricularia livida
Utricularia tricolor
Dionaea muscipula
Drosera rotundifolia
Calopogon tuberosus
Sarracenia alabamensis ssp. wherryi x Sarracenia alata (mature plant)
its quite alot and i hope i get good stuff bro.
By Dionae
The cephs were in bad shape and the purps werent mature but the other plants were good. My biggest ceph actually came from them and its a very fast growing clone. Cranberry plant grows like crazy. I'm sure your plants will be okay.

Thats a very nice selection of plants you ordered. Good luck!
By Dionae
You can see the cephs when i first got them in my cephalotus thread and the purps are in one of my threads. I only have one purp that i would consider mature and its the big one in my greenhouse thread, it came from Wellspring. The MV purps, I have 2, are one of my medium sized purps and a smaller purp in a mini bog garden. I've posted pics of all of the plants several times.
By Dionae
MV mature ceph the day after i got it. This is the smaller one that finally shot out shoots and made a clump.

the bigger one a month after I got it...sorry best i could find(this is my biggest ceph now)-

I'll try and dig up pics of the purps...sure theyre around somewhere.
Dionae liked this
By Darkrai283
Dionae wrote:MV mature ceph the day after i got it. This is the smaller one that finally shot out shoots and made a clump.
Gah! I can't believe that they trick people into thinking that they are buying a 'mature' ceph then only getting a tiny division/seedling! But as Dub has said, its huge right now though! :D
Darkrai283 liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!