FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By nesler
A few days ago, at my request, my girlfriend (a rather talented amateur photographer) got out her Canon DSLR and took some macro shots of a few things. So I thought I would post the photos. :D I hope you enjoy, I think she did a damn nice job, especially given how little time she she had and the fact that squinting at teensy tiny things was giving her a hell of a headache.

A bunch of D. Binata seedlings growing on a clump of dirt. These things are friggin tiny. That clump of dirt is about 1/4th the size of a dime. Those seedlings were about a couple weeks old when they were photographed.

A single D. Binata seedling clinging to the end of a pair of tweezers. The tips of those tweezers are a bit smaller than normal. Note that the tweezers are propped up on a clothespin, part of which is visible in the background.

Same seedling as above.

D. Adelae

I'm honestly not sure what type of Drosera that is. Those little patches with the tentacles are quite small. I've never been very successful feeding it.

A flower stalk sprouting from a pygmy Drosera.

Same shot as above, different focal depth. Focused upon the underside of a nearby pygmy Drosera.

I'm not sure which pygmy this is. I think that's a capensis alba leaf peaking in at the top.

A view similar to the above shot.

This was her favorite shot. It reminded her of a muppet. This is one of the new sundews that I picked up a couple weeks ago from David Connor. I can't think off the top of my head what sort it is, exactly. Wow, I'm good at captioning these photos...

Here's a link to the macro folder of her Flickr account, if any of you are curious.
By Nickrober
She's pretty talented. Those are really nice pictures.
By kevinqwe
:shock: :shock: Good camera!
By ModeratelyExcessive
Wonderful shots! :D

May I ask what lens and camera body she used?
By nesler
ModeratelyExcessive wrote:Wonderful shots! :D

May I ask what lens and camera body she used?
Oh lord. Let me think. I know the lens is a 50mm f/1.4 made by Canon (a 400 dollar lens...what blows me away is that it's the cheapest lens she has purchased...too rich of a hobby for my blood). The body is a Canon Rebel XTi.

She's a smart cookie, and she really challenges herself to understand how her camera and its features work, and to utilize them all. It's kind of weird... she takes photos constantly, but I've only seen her use a flash maybe...twice. Which is a testament to how much flashes are overused...
By Aging_Bourbon
Wow.. very amazing shots

allen,
By grant
oh wow. beautiful plants and shots! i love the Adalae :mrgreen:
By branpera
Cool photos and your plants look good aswell.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!