FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By GothicJackalPaws
Because squirrels had to go and maul the ones I'd had for five years.

Now I'm starting over with five tiny baby ones, fresh from the greenhouse. It's sad. I'm going to see if I can try to rescue whatever's remaining of the ones that were mauled. (I live between parents, and I'm starting collection over at Dad's instead of bringing them back to Mom's, where the original mauling happened. I had those plants buried up to their neck in rocks to protect them from the little buggers, and the squirrels still got them.)

I hope hope hope I'll get another or two from Duke Gardens Spring Sale. That's where one of my favorites came from. They have such amazing specimens there. ;~;

Anyway, about flowering stalks. My previous traps had flowers, every year. These delicate looking little white flowers. Every year, I didn't understand why the flowered, and I never cultured them. So now I'm starting over, and I'd like to know how to get those flowers to turn into seeds that I can start off in a pot. And if I can cross-breed them with some of the ones I hope to get from Duke Gardens.

Thanks!
1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

I counted 21 in this one. Both are flavas that I g[…]

A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out […]

Counting to infinity.

SASE mailed thank you

Looking for a Cephalotus

A guy in a plant club I'm in said he had some Nepe[…]

AI Generated Nepenthes

Hey look, it's those oddly neon bonsai seeds for s[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!