FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
We have some in the seed bank, D. intermedia "Roraima Venezuela". However, I just found out through some research that it may be mislabeled. It's still from South America, but believed to be from Roraima state in Brazil.
You are almost eligible for them, a few more posts and you're there.
By hungrycarnivores
ChefDean wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:02 pm I did some more research, and sessifolia is also a SA sundew that we have in inventory.
I saw Chef using SA as 'South american'. I've been questioned a lot for abbreviations.

How does one differentiate South Am from South Africa, both high drosera regions?

The dutch name for south africa is Zuid-Afrika. Thus, the abbreviation ZA can be used.
South America is... Well... South America, Thus, I consider the letters SA to be valid.
By ChefDean
Taking into account the context of the question, specifically asking about South American sundew seeds, it can logically be understood that the abbreviation would, in this case, definitely mean South American, not South African.
By hungrycarnivores
ChefDean wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:31 pm Taking into account the context of the question, specifically asking about South American sundew seeds, it can logically be understood that the abbreviation would, in this case, definitely mean South American, not South African.
Yeah. I understand. I say "Selling ZA dews " tho and get a ton of "what?". And lots of growers follow the same abbreviation names. I just wanted to put it out there and saw an opportunity :lol:
Vanval1230 liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!