FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By frankgrimes087
I was looking at my DCXL today and noticed this white fuzz on a couple of spots throughout the plant. I know that in the past I have seen this on my flytraps before and I don't remember it harming them but I honestly cant remember if it is from a pest or not...

I don't think that it is any kind of mold and I swear its from a bug that isn't a pest but I just cant for the life of me remember lol... Has anyone else seen this on their flytrap? Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks!
Attachments:
whitefuzz2.JPG
whitefuzz2.JPG (8.41 MiB) Viewed 922 times
whitefuzz1.JPG
whitefuzz1.JPG (7.69 MiB) Viewed 922 times
By frankgrimes087
Yeah that's what im starting to think... Some have suggested to take a swab with rubbing alcohol and remove those area's so I think I'm going to do that. I'm wondering if I should spray all of my plants with the bio advanced 3-1 that I have just to be safe?
Ewreck liked this
By DragonsEye
Sorry to say, it does look like mealy bugs. (Worse if it is cottony scale.) Isolate that plant and any plants whose pots where in contact or share the same tray. The larval form of the mealybug is known as a "crawler." They aren't sedentary like the adults tend to be. A proactive treatment of that plant and any surrounding plants would be a good idea. For the colony you are currently raising, thoroughly spray the plant down (make sure you get the undersides of the leaves, too) with rubbing alcohol. Use a q-tip to remove the bugs you can see. Any pesticide treatment you use will typically need repeated after a couple weeks to kill any hatchlings or young ones missed the first time.
frankgrimes087 liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!