FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By BxndiTSold
That picture was just an example because I couldn’t snap a pic of it but i jsut showed the trap so you could see where it was I was referring to the red trap under the big one! That’s the one that has sealed up! I know it probably will just open back up in a day or so but i just cant figure out why I know it’s not a big deal or anything I just cant seem to figure it out🤣
By BxndiTSold
I mean maybe a bug somehow got in there an sealed it up! But that’s like a 1-100 chance
By Intheswamp
BxndiTSold wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:23 pm That picture was just an example because I couldn’t snap a pic of it but i jsut showed the trap so you could see where it was I was referring to the red trap under the big one! That’s the one that has sealed up! I know it probably will just open back up in a day or so but i just cant figure out why I know it’s not a big deal or anything I just cant seem to figure it out🤣
Okie dokie. Image not in context with description of situation...
By BxndiTSold
Yes I know sorry! I didn’t get a chance to snap a pic of it before leaving for work this morning
By Barlapipas 6
It’s weird how it seals with nothing inside but I don’t think it’s something concerning, but it’s also the first time I heard of it…
By BxndiTSold
So this morning I go down to check on my pkants and water them and it’s closed again…. And on top of it another like 3 traps on different plants are closed, however tbose ones aren’t sealed, could it possibly be the height of my light you think? This didn’t start happening till I moved my light down
By BxndiTSold
Here you can see the plants that are closed
Attachments:
IMG_5856.jpeg
IMG_5856.jpeg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1419 times
IMG_5855.jpeg
IMG_5855.jpeg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1419 times
IMG_5854.jpeg
IMG_5854.jpeg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 1419 times
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1419 times
By BxndiTSold
I moved the height of my light up a little, so hopefully this gets rid of the issue
By BxndiTSold
Since my plants are indoors and don’t have the privelage of catching their own food I have a question, can I feed my cps freeze dried mealworms? I bought a bag and I just wanna make sure they’re safe
By BxndiTSold
So I’m back with more flytraps that are closing for no reason at all! It stopped for a while and then a couple days ago I go down and check on and warwr my plants( I have to move the pots to water) and nothing happened, I move the pot back to irs spot and then i look away and next thing I know there’s a trap closing for no reason, almosy like it didnt mean to because it closed veryyyyyy slow, and the traps on said plant snap shut, anyways it’s been a couple days now and it’s happening again! A leaf that just opened up from digesting an insect closed right back up again, for no reason. It hasn’t even fully opened back up yet, i dont have pests that i can see. We dont have roaches, there is no insects at all where my plants are, it only started happening when I got the blurple lights,i know this ain’t the ends all but it’s frustrating! The plant could
Be using the energy for growth and instead it’s falsely closing for no reason! I even moved the light up and it stopped for a while and is now happening again? Coukd it be from me movinf the pot to water it? Well not the pot but the whole tray it’s in, I just cant seem to figure this out
Attachments:
IMG_5948.jpeg
IMG_5948.jpeg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 1306 times
By BxndiTSold
Update; I may have just figured it out. So a while back I cut the flower stalk off this plant and the leafs that are now closing were just little shoots when I cut it. However I did damage those leafs when I cut it because the size of the scissors was huge,I ended up bruising both leaves kinda but they still fully developed into healthy leaves, however, you’ll notice there’s some defects going on on these traps. One is missing a trigger hair altogether and one has misplaced trigger hairs All throughout the one lobe. The one that just digested the insect also had been bruised from the scissors and the one that just digested the insect also is missing a hair. I think on both sides but hard to tell. Anyways i thikk that this might be the cause of my problem. That or vibration! You can see what I mean below
Attachments:
IMG_5844.jpeg
IMG_5844.jpeg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 1301 times
IMG_5925.jpeg
IMG_5925.jpeg (3.48 MiB) Viewed 1301 times
By Barlapipas 6
It’s probably the damaging or the lights. But I think that the water maybe could cause it too. I say this because one time when I watered my mimosa I didn’t touch any of the leaves and when the water went into the soil all of its leaves got triggered and closed! But I don’t know if this can happen to VFTs too.
By BxndiTSold
You mean when the water went into the soil or onto the actual leaves? I guess that is possible since i top water though!

Do you happen to have a Lowes, Home Depot, or a s[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!