FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By seymorerocks
Got a question. Last spring, my venus fly trap flowered with 1 stalk. This spring, my "lil buddy" grew 8 stalks! Plant looks great and healthy, but of all the 20 some mouths, does 1 mouth feed entire plant? Or do I have to disperse the feeding & feed a couple of different mouths through out the plant?
Thanks. Just want to make sure I don't over feed him. He is outside so catches an occassional fly, but if I haven't seen any recent catches, I'll feed him a cricket.
By Steve_D
Each leaf and trap contributes food to the stored reserve in the shared tissue in the rhizome, and that in turn provides food for new leaves, new growing crowns (divisions), and flowerstalks, flowers and seeds in season. A healthy Venus Flytrap can easily digest quite a few insects. An unhealthy or spindly one may have difficulty and there may be a greater chance that the trap may blacken. Only you can judge the overall health of your plant to determine how much to feed it. :)
Water Quality

I used to have a pool/spa at my house in CA. The m[…]

I'd def keep it. Sometimes plants (in general, not[…]

A 15-hour photoperiod is good, yes.

I too am wondering when to start the transition. I[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

OP lives in Poland.

Just let it be. Don't overthink it man. Worst that[…]

Get a magnifying glass 🔍

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!