FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By albertoburrito
This is going to be my first spring trying a new growing method where I keep my vfts indoors during the growth season and move them out for dormancy to conserve water. Would it be a good time right now to start moving them in? The plants are starting to push out several young leaves from their crowns at a time.
By ChefDean
Where you're doing it opposite of what everyone else does, you're pretty much on uncharted ground.
However, it's been said many times, there are many growers in Arizona that keep them outside during the summer except for when it gets really hot. Even then, some still leave them out, but in a very shaded area.
albertoburrito liked this
By Gary
I'm in central AZ, summer temps are in the 80s and 90s. On the hottest days I move the sundews and the smaller VFTs into the shade but the Sarrs don't seem to mind. I'm in the midst of dividing and repotting right now and the VFTs are throwing up lots of new growth. Temps are in the 60s now but that can change fast, winter is still on the calendar.
By tommyr
Here's what I've been doing for 16 years:
Late winter around February 1st I take them out hit them with SULFUR based fungicide again, clean them up (removing all the dead traps) re-pot and place under “Daylight” rated florescent or LED lights until mid to late April (Zone 6a) when I slowly acclimate them to full outdoor Sun. I've been using this method for 16 years with no losses.
andynorth, Gary liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!