FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Rudy1776
Howdy all! I just wanted to share a small upgrade to my little indoor grow setup I got up and running a few months ago!

-I added a second yescom 225 light to the bottom rack. My Nepenthes seem to love it, they colored up on their leaves but no sign of burning!

**-My more proud upgrade is adding a cheap shower curtain around the outside perimeter of the rack! This was recommended by quite a few people and it actually turned out pretty decent, not too ugly looking! :D

What do you think of adding the curtain? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
paulsflytrap, roarke liked this
By roarke
Rudy1776 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:26 am Howdy all! I just wanted to share a small upgrade to my little indoor grow setup I got up and running a few months ago!

-I added a second yescom 225 light to the bottom rack. My Nepenthes seem to love it, they colored up on their leaves but no sign of burning!

**-My more proud upgrade is adding a cheap shower curtain around the outside perimeter of the rack! This was recommended by quite a few people and it actually turned out pretty decent, not too ugly looking! :D

What do you think of adding the curtain? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will make a topic about the courtains i used from a different material.
By Supercazzola
I am just starting to make an indoor setup, and I very much would like to avoid buying a tent. But, one thing I have seen is that most tent setups have air flow. Am I wrong in stating your setup has no ventilation ?

Can you include a link back to your original post so I can see if you have answered my other questions already ?

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
By hungry carnivores
Buy a USB computer fan with a dimmer/speed control. Plug it into a usb phone charge brick. Run it at med speed, full time, hanging from a mount, or some have legs. that's all I ever need and I use glass tanks/sterilite tubs.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!