FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Hello everyone,

FlytrapCare.com is going to move to a new home (server) today. I will update this thread when the move is in progress.

After the move has begun, anything performed on the FlytrapCare website, such as posting in the forums, registering a new account, uploading photos or a new avatar, etc. WILL NOT BE TAKEN WITH THE MOVE!

The move should begin shortly. Sorry for the short notice, but hopefully most people will see this who are currently on the forums. For those who are not, the move should be over fairly quickly (hopefully).
Matt, Matt, Matt liked this
By Matt
OK, the move is in progress now.

Anything performed on the site from now until the move is complete will be lost.

This thread will be updated once the site is live on the new server!
Matt, Matt liked this
By Matt
OK, we're now on the new server!

I have a lot of things left to work out, but by tomorrow hopefully most things will be done. After that, feel free to report any issues you may be having now that we're here.
Matt, Matt, Matt and 5 others liked this
By Fang
Good job Matt! I noticed the homepage has had some work. Looks good. Only problems I'm having is that I can't save my signature. I can change my sig, save it, and view it in one of my posts, but when I log out and back on it is back to what it was before. Having some trouble with images as well. Some that I've seen before are missing in some posts.
By Matt
sss wrote:Several PMs I received today disappeared, one vanished when I was replying to it.
Whoa! That's really odd. To clarify, which system are you referring to in which PMs are disappearing? On the forums or on the community portion of the website? They're two different PM systems.
Fang wrote:Good job Matt! I noticed the homepage has had some work. Looks good.
Thanks! Still lots and lots to do. I'm considering consulting a real CSS/web designer for some help since that type of work really isn't my cup of tea. But it does look better than right after the move, I think. Once the design is finalized there, the header here on the forums will likely be changed to match it.
Fang wrote:I can change my sig, save it, and view it in one of my posts, but when I log out and back on it is back to what it was before.
That's really odd. I just tested by removing one of the links in my signature and it seems to retain the signature after logging out. Are you sure that it was being saved?
Fang wrote:Having some trouble with images as well. Some that I've seen before are missing in some posts.
That could be unrelated to the server. It depends on where the images are hosted. Could you provide me with links to the images that are missing so I can investigate?
By sss
Matt wrote:Whoa! That's really odd. To clarify, which system are you referring to in which PMs are disappearing? On the forums or on the community portion of the website? They're two different PM systems.
For the forums. I know other people have been having this problem I sent two pms to jht-union today and he got an email notification for them but when he went to check them they weren't there.
By swat007j
Hi , Matt I know this is not the suggestion topic but , I think you should add a chat link in the main page so guest can register to the site an Chat with other members faster then having to go into the forum section .... I imagine the chat like a live support thing to give , guest & members faster recommendation and tips stuff like that :) and to share our thoughts and ideas with them :D
By Matt
sss wrote:For the forums. I know other people have been having this problem I sent two pms to jht-union today and he got an email notification for them but when he went to check them they weren't there.
The forum software didn't change at all, so if there were a problem with it, it isn't due to the server move. Didn't you report something similar before the server move?

I haven't had any issues with PMs disappearing and have not heard it from anyone else. But there is a way for them not to be visible, which seems to confuse quite a few people. In the case of jht-union, he's been a member here for a long time. If he has more than 200 messages in his inbox, he'll have to delete some and then click the link "Release all on-hold messages" to view them. If he and you do not have 200 or more PMs in your inbox, then there is something else going on. You'll have to give me more specific information, such as when the messages were sent, who sent them, etc. in order for me to investigate.
swat007j wrote:I think you should add a chat link in the main page so guest can register to the site an Chat with other members faster then having to go into the forum section .... I imagine the chat like a live support thing to give , guest & members faster recommendation and tips stuff like that and to share our thoughts and ideas with them
Thanks for the suggestion swat007j. I'll look into getting some sort of chat installed on the site. Before the server move, there was a chat system, but it wasn't used much, so I didn't reinstall it after the server move.
Matt liked this
By Fang
Matt wrote:
Fang wrote:I can change my sig, save it, and view it in one of my posts, but when I log out and back on it is back to what it was before.
That's really odd. I just tested by removing one of the links in my signature and it seems to retain the signature after logging out. Are you sure that it was being saved?
Yea I'm sure I saved it because I could see it in my posts afterward. I haven't tried editing my sig again so it may just have been a blip.
Matt wrote:
Fang wrote:Having some trouble with images as well. Some that I've seen before are missing in some posts.
That could be unrelated to the server. It depends on where the images are hosted. Could you provide me with links to the images that are missing so I can investigate?
The example that comes to mind was some images I posted here http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/indoo ... 22432.html
The top images are showing now but I am not seeing the last one.

Good job on the site!!

Ordered a Mystery Box today as well. Can't wait to get it!
By Matt
Fang wrote:Yea I'm sure I saved it because I could see it in my posts afterward. I haven't tried editing my sig again so it may just have been a blip.
Give it another go and let me know if it is still having issues.
Fang wrote:The example that comes to mind was some images I posted here indoor-dormancy-success-t22432.html
Weird. They are all showing for me. Anyone else unable to see the images in that thread?
Fang wrote:Good job on the site!!
Thanks!
Fang wrote:Ordered a Mystery Box today as well. Can't wait to get it!
Awesome! That's a great way to start off the spring with a nice group of new plants :)
jwbates26 wrote:Hey Matt, nice new look.
Thanks Jason! It's definitely a much more modern layout and it should display better on most devices because it's what's known as a "responsive" layout. But Leah is really unhappy with the change in styling, so I'm sure that we'll be tweaking some small look and feel things over the next few weeks.
jwbates26 wrote:When I click on a user's name and it takes me to their profile, am I over looking the option to view that user's post or has that option been removed?
Unfortunately that handy little plugin didn't get upgraded to be functional in the new software. I'm going to have to write some custom code to add that functionality back in. I too used that option from time to time to look at users posts quickly and easily. It can also be achieved by using the forum search feature and searching only for posts by that users. But it's faster and easier to just click a couple of times to get the same information.
Matt, Matt liked this
By Fang
Matt wrote:
Fang wrote:Yea I'm sure I saved it because I could see it in my posts afterward. I haven't tried editing my sig again so it may just have been a blip.
Give it another go and let me know if it is still having issues.
Gave it another go and seems to be working just fine now :) Thanks!
Matt wrote:
Fang wrote:The example that comes to mind was some images I posted here indoor-dormancy-success-t22432.html
Weird. They are all showing for me. Anyone else unable to see the images in that thread?
May have been a blip on my end, my bad. I can see them now no worries
Matt wrote:
Fang wrote:Ordered a Mystery Box today as well. Can't wait to get it!
Awesome! That's a great way to start off the spring with a nice group of new plants :)
Definitely! Really excited to get it. I just hope the campus mail here doesn't screw up.
By Fang
Oh hey just thought I should point out another bug I am encountering sometimes. Idk if its the site or my computer but posts aren't text wrapping. They continue off into space like what Notepad does lol.

Here's a pic to show ya:
hiding text.png
hiding text.png (82.26 KiB) Viewed 5902 times
Site is looking good though man. I like how the flytrapcare.com messages and forum messages are now synced instead of separate. Great idea.
By Matt
Fang wrote:Idk if its the site or my computer but posts aren't text wrapping.
That's really odd. I've never seen that happen. Anyone else ever seen it?
Fang wrote:I like how the flytrapcare.com messages and forum messages are now synced instead of separate. Great idea.
I wish they were. I think they're still separate unless something happened with the new software of which I was unaware.
Matt liked this
Traps curling after closing/eating

Hi! My name is Erika, and I’m a newbie when […]

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!