FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By TrapsAndDews
I accidently mixed up my hydrogen peroxide with my Maxsea fertilizer, and I used it on my sundew seedlings, my scorps, and my capes yesterday. :shock: Will my plants survive? :? :|
By Intheswamp
In moderation I wouldn't think it would kill them. You probably were only using a 3% solution further diluted with ???. I've read that it takes up to a 10% solution to kill plants, but I'm no organic chemist/biologist...though there are some lurking around here. While waiting for them to comment I'd probably be flushing the plants with some distilled water or rainwater.
By Intheswamp
Ok. I just figured a good flushing would remove some of the remaining h2o2. Was this straight-up peroxide out of a bottle or had you watered it down some?
By Intheswamp
I mean, your plants may be just fine, without flushing, but if I was worried about it I would flush them good and wait and see what happens. Who knows, it may super-oxygenate your plants and they may turn into giants...
Camden liked this
By Intheswamp
I’ve drilled holes in the caps of water bottles and inserted straws so I could water with some precision. Of course it depends on how densely they’re planted. Or, flood them and leave them unbagged for a while so the plants can dry off some. Or just don’t do anything and see what happens. They may be fine…. Wishing you the best!
TrapsAndDews liked this
Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

S. flava or a hybrid

Advice On Using Pool

I'd just use the pools as giant saucers.

Is the pot draining? What water are you using? Wha[…]

What on earth is this?

Looks a lot like springtails to me. Other possibil[…]

What’s happening

Ok so I went looking again today and noticed a sid[…]

All three of those are available in the seed bank[…]

Email them (or call them) and ask if it's pure per[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!