FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss fertilization techniques here. For advanced growers only!

Moderator: Matt

By lemonlily
Just a little flake, to my fly trap. I decided to try and see what it would do. I know it doesn't do much because the plants are going dormant. But a few days later, the trap just opened...
By Veronis
Never put anything into a FVT's trap that's more than 2/3 the size of the trap. No matter what it is, you're pretty much guaranteeing trap death.

People have fed fish food to VFT's before. Even betta pellets, so long as they've been soaked in water so they're squishy. A guy said he did that with 11 traps (soggy betta pellets) and only one trap died. No indicated of what brand he used or anything, though.
By dionaea muscipula
meh i like live food better too bad i don have a big enough nepenthes too feed a rat too....and my mom is like, she doesn't wanna buy me a big nepenthes because she knows i would go buy a rat r something and feed it to it so yeah.... but fish flakes will do also
By lemonlily
It was just half a flake. It's pretty small, but either way, it didn't do anything. The plant just opened its trap a few days later and that was about it.
By lemonlily
Yeah you can, just soak it in water first.

And the flake was still there... But because it didn't move (the flake) the trap didn't seal tightly.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!