FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
I have a division from an FTS Etna that seems to be growing slowly. It does not seem to be growing very vigorously, is there anything wrong with it? Will feeding it ants make it grow faster? I am worried because I had a similar division last year that did not survive dormancy in the same conditions that the adult plants did.
By bvalente
katya_dog1 wrote:I have a division from an FTS Etna that seems to be growing slowly. It does not seem to be growing very vigorously, is there anything wrong with it? Will feeding it ants make it grow faster? I am worried because I had a similar division last year that did not survive dormancy in the same conditions that the adult plants did.
I feed all my flytraps some rehydrated bloodworms and they explode with growth (I have a few threads on here with my VFT on it). Feeding them regularly, or anything at all, acts as "fertilizer" for them since they do not live in nutrient rich soil. It not only helps their root systems and trap sizes, but the overall health of the plant. The traps close a lot faster, the plant is also able to bounce back quicker (should anything bad happen to it). It really helps the plant out.
bvalente liked this
By katya_dog1
Thanks, I will feed it then.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!