FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Bigfizztim
Ugg I can’t figure out how to post a picture so this isn’t going to go too well... anyway I’ll try.
I bought a VFT from a local farmers co-op. It came in a plastic pot with drainage holes and a clear plastic dome top. I have no idea what media it’s planted in. I did all kinds of research on caring for them AFTER buying the plant. It seems ok, but the stem or whatever (leaves?) that the actual trap is connected to is turning a very dark red. It’s almost brown. I know that they can turn pink/red but this is really dark. There was a big stem coming up in the middle that I’ve snipped off. It gets direct sunlight outside (Maryland, USA in April, so lots of sun). Maybe it was shocked by the light?) I learned that I was over watering it, so I’ve corrected that. It’s also just kind of...floppy. There’s not much rigidity to it. I know next to nothing about horticulture (but I am learning!) but I know it just doesn’t look healthy overall. I typed all this up but I guess without a picture there isn’t much you can do for me. Any guidance on how to upload.

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!