FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By MaxVft
Technically,the title says it all.How many years old is a VFT when it sprouts a flower(in complete sun,8+ hours)?
By ChefDean
Typically around 3ish. I had one go from seed to flower in about 18 months, but it was still a small plant with a small flower stalk that got cut. Strangely enough, it isn't a great divider, I've only got six divisions from it, and has stayed on the small side. However, 4 of the six are putting up little, tiny flower stalks again. Here's two of them.
Picture_20211009081044.jpg
Picture_20211009081044.jpg (2.81 MiB) Viewed 2861 times
MikeB liked this
By Matt
Flowering age really depends on genetics, but what @ChefDean said is generally true. I did have one plant start flowering right after it germinated -- like within 2 or 3 months of germination. I let the flower go just to see what would happen! It actually produced a single flower which I self-pollinated. It set seed and I put those in tissue culture. Each of the babies also started flowering almost immediately after germination! Bizarre!!
Panman liked this
By MaxVft
Oh wow!Yeah,forgot to mention mine is a death-cube size plant that came from a death-cube about a month ago but I do not know the age of it,so only time,a keen eye and patience will tell :mrgreen: .
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!