FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Huntsmanshorn
Okay, so let's say you have a couple of VFTs (or Sarrs or whatever) sleeping away in your fridge, and you decide that spring has sprung, and it's time for your little buddies to awaken from their long winters nap. So you pull them from the fridge, pot them up, and stick them outside in the warm sunshine. How long until they start growing again? Assuming things are really and truly nice and spring-like? A couple of weeks will usually do it, unless you get a cold snap, and then all bets are off. However, I have had some particularly stubborn plants take a month or more to break dormancy, even though they were under what I would normally think to be nearly ideal conditions.
Spunro liked this
By Gary
A few weeks back most of my VFTs suddenly put out a bunch of late winter growth, lots of new leaves but tiny traps. They've been getting a few hours of direct sun for a couple of weeks (when weather allows) and most of that growth has withered somewhat. Not surprised. The next round will be hardened and should be fine. The Sarrs are trickling in, a couple have put up flower stalks and some early pitchers. By May it'll be a jungle out there.
Spunro liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!