FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By carelerasmus
Okei so my cousin got me interested in cp's after I saw her Vlytrap! It was beautiful with wonderful coloration! But she never REALLY cared for it thoroughlyImage and then her flytrap started suffering...she also let it flower....and once it flowered, she cut off the stem...thus all that energy spent to create the flowers was for nothing! Anywhoo....now she gave the little guy to me! She wants me to care for it and possibly save it!Image now I'm sondering if there is any hope? Its the bigger plant in the middle...the black one! His name is BoudewyntjieImageImage

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
By AndyTheTaco
I don't have any experience with that but from this point of view the biggest one I think is not gonna make it but I can be wrong, the other three looks like they have new growth

Sent from my LG-K530 using Tapatalk
By Orit
it sure doesn't look good, but there is always hope. I've seen a few threads where VFTs have come back from the dead. just keep it in the same conditions you normally would (just moist soil, lots of sun) and hope for the best. good luck!
By carelerasmus
Okei thanks you guys! Haha yeah I'm hoping it will arise from the rizhome again!! The flower stalk took a hella lotta energie so I guess if...IF it wil survive it will only start growing after a bunch of weeks?

By AndyTheTaco
carelerasmus wrote:Okei thanks you guys! Haha yeah I'm hoping it will arise from the rizhome again!! The flower stalk took a hella lotta energie so I guess if...IF it wil survive it will only start growing after a bunch of weeks?

It could take a month but best of luck!

By carelerasmus
AndyTheTaco wrote:
carelerasmus wrote:Okei thanks you guys! Haha yeah I'm hoping it will arise from the rizhome again!! The flower stalk took a hella lotta energie so I guess if...IF it wil survive it will only start growing after a bunch of weeks?

It could take a month but best of luck!

Thanks man!

Ok, What’d I Do?

Just bag the one that is wilting. You can just cov[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

The temperatures are really close to 0C. I live in[…]

FlytrapCare forum rules

yes

Red meat viability claims

Nah, that'll kill your plants. Politicians are ful[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

There are huge rain clouds Above my House, so im[…]

Water Quality

The ones that you are most interested in are the C[…]

One thing most people don't consider when discussi[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water strat[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!