FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Feusjbbbs
I dont have a tds meter and only the top is dry, the bottom part is very moist. Also i dont use miracle grow because i know fertilizers would kill the plant, so i got this brand of peat moss that says they dont use fertilizers or extra minerals
By Intheswamp
Remember that flytraps want a moist soil, not wet. Usual recommendation is a pot 6" deep with maye 1/2" water in the tray...a shorter pot needs less water...a deeper pot can use deeper water. It may be like Chef said, though, that it's just taking a while to adjust to its new environment. Of course, if it is terribly hot and low humidity at your location you may need more/deeper water. What is your location (roughly speaking)?
By sans
Intheswamp wrote:
Feusjbbbs wrote:Sotuh of texas
Antarctica?
XD
By Feusjbbbs
ChefDean wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:36 pm With all this new info, and lookingat the pic, I stand by my original opinion, it just needs time to acclimate to its new conditions.
My question is, am i taking good care of my plant and it just looks like it dying and will the plant recover from this or no?
By optique
IMO: It sounds like you are doing everything correct but it looks weird so we think its just stressed and should recover. Be sure to leave it alone, no poking, feeding, moving, and don't tell it any bad jokes until it looks better.

see how they react to bad jokes.
By Intheswamp
If you have it planted in good soil, giving it plenty of sunshine but not baking it, keeping the soil moist but not soggy and not letting it dry out, watering it with low TDS (distilled is ok) water, and singing old Tiny Tim songs to it while tip-toeing through the tulips...it will probably be ok but might need a little counseling after the songs. Like Chef said...give it time. ;)
By Feusjbbbs
optique wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 4:27 am IMO: It sounds like you are doing everything correct but it looks weird so we think its just stressed and should recover. Be sure to leave it alone, no poking, feeding, moving, and don't tell it any bad jokes until it looks better.

see how they react to bad jokes.
One last question, does rain hurt the plant, because i have noticed that heavy rain does cause some of the traps to misstrigger.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!