FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By lemonlily
So I over watered my cactus, and now the body of it is dead. It is soggy. There is still the top pink ball thing and the cactus has grown an "arm." The arm is part of the main cactus, but the pink ball is another plant, but somehow connected. Is there a way I can replant the pink ball or the arm?

If anything makes sense to you.
By lemonlily
Nope, not that much sun, but obviously it wasn't the problem this time. I just over watered it.
By mrsko2t
lemonlily wrote:So I over watered my cactus, and now the body of it is dead. It is soggy. There is still the top pink ball thing and the cactus has grown an "arm." The arm is part of the main cactus, but the pink ball is another plant, but somehow connected. Is there a way I can replant the pink ball or the arm?

If anything makes sense to you.
If the arm has 'budded' off of the original plant, you might be able to replant it. I have a cactus that continually splits off into additional plants that can be divided & moved. If the arm was part of the original plant, I don't think it's gonna work for you, but try it anyway. What's the worst that could happen?
By Aging_Bourbon
Are you serious? Their is a lot of cactus that grow around my house haha.
By lemonlily
Well I took off the dead body thing and planted his head (pink thing.) The spine of the body is still attatch, even thought it no longer has legs (roots.)

And I just ripped off his arm off and planted it.

It's like I'm ripping apart a person!
By linton
Well done Lily...you are less nurturing than a desert.
By lemonlily
What is nurturing?

Yes no one ever told me what it meant.
By lemonlily
NO!

Explain it to meeeeeeeeeee!
By kittyklaws
Lily, I'm sure the word "nurturing" should already be within 7th grade vocabulary (you're in 7th right?). If you actually have skipped out on your education, there is always Google. and I'm too lazy. Good luck with your pink cactus thingy :lol:
By kittyklaws
Ok, from what I've heard about your pink cactus thingy, it is most likely a Ruby Ball/Moon Cactus, they are the only ball cactus species that lack green pigmentation due to a mutation, so are very colorful and often reddish.
The plant itself is the pink thingy, and it sits atop a green pillar that helps it absorb solar energy.By removing it, you actually were preventing it from getting nutrients in the future, because it is pink and does not have the green cholorophyll to support itself, and it can't grow roots.
It is highly unlikely, but I hope the plant takes to the soil. It the "arm" roots and grows bigger, perhaps you could graft the pink ball back on it?
And this time if it survives, put it in bright indirect sunlight.
By kittyklaws
ok, so I was not lazy enough apparently...lol ok so I was bored, am bored...and I'm a google freak :ugeek: lol maybe I was on a rare occassion being nice :lol: Hope everything works out with your plant! :D Gud luck, you're gonna need it!
By mrsko2t
allenc666 wrote:Are you serious? Their is a lot of cactus that grow around my house haha.
That's pretty funny - have you ever tried to ebay a cactus?
By Aging_Bourbon
mrsko2t wrote:
allenc666 wrote:Are you serious? Their is a lot of cactus that grow around my house haha.
That's pretty funny - have you ever tried to ebay a cactus?
Nah I can't dude, im my culture we can't disturb a cactus mainly Yucca we use the roots
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!