FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Lottie08
Hello I'm Lottie, I live in the outskirts of Bristol South West UK ....I have been interested in Carnivorous plants for a while and have had a small collection now for just over a year ....I managed to over winter them all in my Hubby's green house and have them outside the rest of the year ....but I am getting my own greenhouse now as I feel they do better in one .
I also have a few in my Sunny conservatory and these are doing well ...looking forward to learning more about the care of my plants .
By CarnivoresUnite
Lottie08 wrote:Hello I'm Lottie, I live in the outskirts of Bristol South West UK ....I have been interested in Carnivorous plants for a while and have had a small collection now for just over a year ....I managed to over winter them all in my Hubby's green house and have them outside the rest of the year ....but I am getting my own greenhouse now as I feel they do better in one .
I also have a few in my Sunny conservatory and these are doing well ...looking forward to learning more about the care of my plants .
Hello and welcome from Texas in the USA! Lots of helpful friendly people here and bountiful knowledge as well. Enjoy!
By toiletshorts
Hi Lottie!

I'm in the UK too! Up in the North.

Feel free to message me should you need any recommendations on what to buy/where to buy stuff locally should you need help and i'll do my best to give recommendations.

Enjoy your plants and enjoy this forum! X

p.s. omg this heatwave tho!!
By Lottie08
Hi Toiletshorts
yes this heatwave is too much ...I'm hoping its over the worst now but I'm not holding my breath ....the water ran out and I have three large butts .... bought 25 gallons of RO water from local aquarium ....then thankfully last week we had a ton of rain in one day ...all butts full and we also filled 5 watering cans and a larger container .....luckily the CP's havent suffered
How have you faired
By toiletshorts
Lottie08 wrote:Hi Toiletshorts
yes this heatwave is too much ...I'm hoping its over the worst now but I'm not holding my breath ....the water ran out and I have three large butts .... bought 25 gallons of RO water from local aquarium ....then thankfully last week we had a ton of rain in one day ...all butts full and we also filled 5 watering cans and a larger container .....luckily the CP's havent suffered
How have you faired
Hi Lottie
My venus flytrap (i've named him Cecil) is doing well outdoors, and my cape sundew (i've named her Luna) is looking better indoors. i've put her on a windowcill in my bathroom because it gets nice and humid in there with each shower, and it gets good sun at certain points of the day. i've fed her a spider last night muahaha.

I buy deionised water from Halfords for like 3 quid and it does the job :D something to consider for the next heatwave. There's meant to be 2 more heatwaves on the way this summer!!
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!