FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Redeemed
Hi my fellow CP lovers!

My name is Heidi, I got started on VFTs with a few typicals from Wal-Mart. Now that they are doing well, I'm waiting for my B-52 seeds to arrive so I can try starting some from seeds. I'm also looking for advice/suggestions on what's next to add to the collection? I love to start from seeds and now that my husband and I have moved into our new house I have a whole room, with dedicated lighting and water just for my plants. I can't wait to learn from all of you!

Heidi
By KategoricalKarnivore
Welcome Heidi
I hope you understand that if you grow seeds from a B-52 that doesn't make those plants B-52s also. They will be typicals. The only way for it to be a true B-52 is for it to be a clone of a true B-52. All seed grown VFTs are typical unless you name it something yourself or register it as a cultivar.
By Redeemed
Nope I didn't know that about VFTs and growing them from seeds making them typicals...oh well...I'm still new at this I have a lot to learn! Thanks for the information! Growing VFTs from seed will still be a great learning experience.

As for what I would like to add, I love the looks of the pitcher plants and will eventually add some, for right now I would love to explore different flytrap varieties.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

So sorry I can’t make it for this one. If th[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!