FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Crash_Happy
:lol: :lol: Sup? So I guess I’m supposed to introduce myself? Yah, so my name is Joe and I live in Highland Utah, and since I was a kid I always loooved carnivorous plants. An obsession I maintained to today, which i never really had the money or time to act on until a few weeks ago when I bought a sundew down in Moab. Currently I still have that Sundew, and two Venus Flytraps I got as a test to see if they can grow outside my house. But yah, I dunno. Just ask if you have any questions I guess.
Attachments:
Audrey 2. Haha, cliche Little Shop of Horrors names, but I’m also a film student so I felt like I had to. My second VFT, and one of the two test runs. Figuring on naming them Apollo mission style knowing they’re just tests. His one is growing down by my barn which gets a schload of sun, tons of bugs, but risks pest infestations. Actually worried something else is growing on him, but it doesn’t look like mold and I can’t find anything about it.
Audrey 2. Haha, cliche Little Shop of Horrors names, but I’m also a film student so I felt like I had to. My second VFT, and one of the two test runs. Figuring on naming them Apollo mission style knowing they’re just tests. His one is growing down by my barn which gets a schload of sun, tons of bugs, but risks pest infestations. Actually worried something else is growing on him, but it doesn’t look like mold and I can’t find anything about it.
0F9E9352-532D-4666-8AA7-16A6E2EDEA92.jpeg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 1168 times
Audrey 1. Growing on my porch with plenty of sun, but very few bugs/pests. I use tray watering because I’m a lazy SOB, but it’s also dry enough that all the water evaporates or is soaked up before the day is over.
Audrey 1. Growing on my porch with plenty of sun, but very few bugs/pests. I use tray watering because I’m a lazy SOB, but it’s also dry enough that all the water evaporates or is soaked up before the day is over.
56F1A978-85E8-46F3-8971-C1D6D89AD54D.jpeg (3.16 MiB) Viewed 1168 times
Seymour the Sundew. Recovering from a kitten eating his leaves, but still alive and well!
Seymour the Sundew. Recovering from a kitten eating his leaves, but still alive and well!
B92E7412-AE16-4A29-8F8A-5B26D84507C0.jpeg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 1168 times
Last edited by Crash_Happy on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Crash_Happy
A little help would actually be appreciated here: wtf-is-this-growing-out-of-my-vft-actua ... 38991.html

Something is growing out of Audrey 2’s actual traps, but it’s not the white fuzzy mold or anything I’ve heard about, and I can’t seem to find anything on it.
Attachments:
Grows in 1s or 2s on the actual traps. No idea if it’s hurting it yet, but I’m not taking chances. Like I said, Audrey 2 was more of a test to see the local pest issues and how to handle them. Neem based oil and fungicide is on hand if necessary.
Grows in 1s or 2s on the actual traps. No idea if it’s hurting it yet, but I’m not taking chances. Like I said, Audrey 2 was more of a test to see the local pest issues and how to handle them. Neem based oil and fungicide is on hand if necessary.
5E240BCE-2461-43F9-BCA4-439FA142B9D5.jpeg (348.85 KiB) Viewed 1164 times
By FlyTrap Hunter
Crash_Happy wrote:Image Image Sup? So I guess I’m supposed to introduce myself? Yah, so my name is Joe and I live in Highland Utah, and since I was a kid I always loooved carnivorous plants. An obsession I maintained to today, which i never really had the money or time to act on until a few weeks ago when I bought a sundew down in Moab. Currently I still have that Sundew, and two Venus Flytraps I got as a test to see if they can grow outside my house. But yah, I dunno. Just ask if you have any questions I guess.
Welcome to the forum.
I am not sure if this 3rd plant is a Sundew but it needs help badly. Maybe it needs more light?

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742A using Tapatalk
FlyTrap Hunter liked this
By Crash_Happy
@FlyTrap Hunter
Yah, it’s a Sundew. It just got its leaves munched by a kitten and is still recovering. It’s just barely starting to produce dew again.
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!