FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By joecal87
For the longest time i’ve wanted to grow venus fly traps. finally i am ready. I live in nj but my place has a room that is literally like a grow room because it lacks insulation so it is always colder or hotter than the rest of the place. Not only that but it also gets good sunlight. I will be in door growing but i will try to get them outdoors in the spring and summer.

anyway, i got 4 plants coming (cannot wait to share pics!). i ordered from 3 different cultivars and not only did this place have the one plant variety i wanted but it will also be the first piece arriving, on saturday. the other two i haven’t even gotten a tracking label yet lol.

the four i got are

bz 1955 (thanks flytrapstore!)
jersey devil (another i wanted since i live in nj)
flaming lips (i wanted an interesting one that was more red but not overly red like the red dragon. i hear those are harder to handle so i wanted to get my feet wet first)
bc xl (i wanted one on the bigger side, figured this is one of the bigger ones out there, went wit the bigger guy wit the xl in the name lol)

also i was feeling bold since i had watched a ton of videos, i just purchased a fused tooth venus flytrap seeds from flytrapstore as well.

so wish me luck im sure you will be seeing a lot of me in the upcoming months. i will def share pics as soon as i get the plants!

my only worry as if right now is the fact im getting the plants during dormancy period. i’m assuming they will arrive in dormancy if that’s the case i’ll let it continue to do its thing, if not ill skip it and hope for the best. any advice here would be great for peace of mind lol. i am completely set up otherwise!

thanks guys! looking forward to being part of this community and my new hobby!
By sans
Welcome. and don't forget to check out the seed bank, fellow addict.
By joecal87
sans wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:04 pm Welcome. and don't forget to check out the seed bank, fellow addict.
oh if i pull of this grow i am 100% raiding the seed bank lol. hell if i fail i prob will raid it anyway lol. but i know i can do it lol. i just wanna get one grow behind me before i get a buncha seeds just to get a handle on it first and get alil more experience growing from a seed
sans liked this
By Jedikinigit
Congrats on your purchases and addiction. You're in good company. I've only been here a month and I'm already having trouble focusing on things other than my plants and what I want next. There is great advice available and everyone has been very welcome in sharing it.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!