FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By jkochuni
Hello everyone! My name is Jason, and I currently live right outside Saint Paul, MN. Since I was a child I have always been fascinated with CPs, and it wasn't until several years ago that I started growing them. My wife thinks I'm crazy because I just purchased a small greenhouse, installed an RO unit in our laundry room, have seedlings & cultures growing in our basement, chat with "plant friends" online and now I am constructing a flow hood for my new TC hobby. Oh well, at least I don't have a gambling problem! :) It's nice to meet everyone, and I just wanted to say thanks to Matt for creating such a wonderful site!
Last edited by jkochuni on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt
Hello Jason and welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you're a full CP addict! Your setup is almost identical to mine. I too have a small greenhouse though I haven't set it up yet. I have an RO unit and I have seedlings and cultures throughout the house.

I'm excited to have another person doing TC on the forum. You're the only person I know from the US that's on this forum and does TC. Perhaps we can purchase supplies together if we ever want to split an order. We definitely at least should exchange notes.
By jkochuni
That sounds good. Here are some old pics of some of my TC experiments...

If you can, try and attend one of the Kitchen Culture Kits workshops. I went to one last summer in Wisconsin and learned a ton. Here is a pic of Karen...

I just purchased the lumber for a flow hood, and I am planning on starting to build it this weekend. I'll post some pics next week.
Last edited by jkochuni on Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By jkochuni
Having problems loading the pics. I'll get this corrected...

The first link is the only one working...not sure why...I'll try and post them through another server.
By Matt
jkochuni wrote:Having problems loading the pics. I'll get this corrected...
Yeah, I can't see any of those photos.
jkochuni wrote:If you can, try and attend one of the Kitchen Culture Kits workshops.
I'd definitely love to attend one of them, but unfortunately there hasn't been one offered close to where I live yet. I've learned a ton recently though, so I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on things now.
By WORMSS
welcome :D
reason we can't see the pics seem to be because we are not apart of the cpukforum domain.
By Carl
Hi and welcome to FlyTrapCare Forum it's great to have you with us.

Carl
By Aging_Bourbon
welcome jason to the site hope you enjoy

allen,
By hackerberry
Welcome to the Forum. And we shall be called the TC freaks hehe. Nice job with the vft seeds in TC.

hb
By jkochuni
I posted the flow hood plans I used to have the wood cut a Home Depot below. I used melamine compressed wood, which will make for easy cleaning. I basically used the dimensions from http://www.orchideenvermehrung.at/english/index.htm but converted them to inches. The total cost to purchase the wood and have it cut was $32.

I'm thinking about purchasing the following blower... It seems to have the same specs as the blower listed on the previous link...

http://www.kvmtools.us/product_info.php ... s_id=20188

I plan on starting to assemble it this Sunday and will post some pics. After finding out the thickness of the melamine boards, the plexi glass only needs to be 20" high x 28.5" wide.
is this normal for a d capensis?

While what is said above is true, I have a mini bo[…]

My newest addition I just ordered from Matt. T[…]

What recommendations do you have for types of li[…]

Get a report from the water company to see if it h[…]

If you didn't get it sold to you as a B52 then it […]

So sorry for the delay, this completely slipped my[…]

Confirming they went in the mail yesterday. :D

Trying My Hand With TC

So any sggestions, guidance, etc,?

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!