FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By KategoricalKarnivore
FTS Archangel laying down for a nice winter nap.
Attachments:
6ED15144-826A-4DFF-BA85-589E969802C5.jpeg
6ED15144-826A-4DFF-BA85-589E969802C5.jpeg (746.85 KiB) Viewed 2039 times
By Fly Trap Hunter
Does the Archangel stay outside there for dormancy? These vfts are supposed to be cold hardy perennials but I have heard some live and some die.

I guess I'm asking if you think the vfts(cultivars) will survive outside in a cup or pot in Winter(if acclimated) if it actually freezes and dies back to black, but still has a healthy rhizome? They survive here outside in zone 8. But these here are wild and not cultivars. I'm wondering about cultivars
By KategoricalKarnivore
I keep all my VFTs outside all year. I’m in zone 8b. This plant in the picture has already had 2 inches of snow on it and a couple of nights down into the 20s F and you see it looks fine. They can take some cold just fine.
By riveraXVX
mine still outdoors just doing their thing also actually been up in the 50s and even closer to 60 during the day a couple days this week
By Fly Trap Hunter
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:I keep all my VFTs outside all year. I’m in zone 8b. This plant in the picture has already had 2 inches of snow on it and a couple of nights down into the 20s F and you see it looks fine. They can take some cold just fine.
man that is so nice to know. I'm in zone 8 and eventually want an outdoor bog. I'm going to try to have a "Native Garden" as well. meaning, there is a hand full of carnivorous plants that are native to NC and if I put them together, it can be called a "NC Native Garden" and I can be a member of the NC Native Plant Society. lol

I just got a Carolina Red Traps from fts - 4 probably in the pot. :D I don't know anything about crt but our native is dionea muscipula, plain on fly trap. It doesn't look like a typical though. 8-) oh and I got a BZ1955. I figured that had to be some of the original genes before it was cultivated like now. and in Spring: the Rehder Giant will be available from fts. :D :lol:
May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

An assortment of sundews.

What the f-

I have never seen this before. :o Post more pics i[…]

Oxygen Rot/Eating Itself

Hi guys! So I fed my flytrap a mealworm last week […]

Noob with questions

this is the best 10min video for new grows i have […]

Your flytrap will be fine. Continue to give proper[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , We found a solution to add it to o[…]

Leafs with no traps

Welcome to the forum. How about a pic of your flyt[…]

Some flytraps

All seed grown from Matt and my seeds.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!