FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Clemmy-Lee
Hello,

For starters I live in Colorado, high altitude, arid climate. I have three rotties as my pets.

I just ordered my first flytrap online. It was titled "FTS Purple Ambush". I bought it because it looked cool. ;) I am not sure what it likes to eat yet, I am going to try and research that. Hopefully I can feed it something like lunch meat or bacon LoL.

I intend to grow this plant indoors under artificial lighting. I am not sure how bright the lighting needs to be but I have HPS lighting and CMH lighting to choose from.

I have access to a reverse osmosis water filter, I hear that I need very low PPM water.

Anyways I hope to learn a lot here and hopefully one day show off my plant to the world.

I have so many questions but I will read a lot on this website first so I don't annoy with a bunch noob questions.

Happy Trapping!
Clemmy-Lee
By Shadowtski
Welcome to the forum!
You'll find a lot of info here and some good helpful people.
There is also a seed bank for members, when you want to try the challenge of growing CP from seed.

For now, check out Matt's FlyTrap growing guides at https://www.flytrapcare.com/

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
By CpKid
Welcome and congratulations on the flytrap!
Whenever I grow flytraps under lights, my first choice would be T-5s, as close to the lights as reasonable.
CpKid liked this
By Clemmy-Lee
@cpkid do you think it's the spectrum of the T5 or the brightness they like? I have a room that runs 18/6 with Metal Halides I could put them in an area thats indirect lighting if it's too bright.

I have two rooms that have 12/12 lighting with CMH and HPS lights, perhaps they would like that better? The CMH is really close to the suns spectrum.

Big learning curve as the only other plants I have grown are medical cannabis.
By CpKid
@ Clemmy-Lee,
I Think they appreciate the brightness, but the spectrum may also help with their growth. I personally don't have any experience With metal halides, CMH or HPS lights. Hopefully someone here more knowledgeable with grow lights can help you with that :)
CpKid liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!