FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By EVGA_FAN
So I am relatively new to raising/growing CP's, it all started for me with a trip to home depot and a nepenthes ventrata purchase, shortly after the purchase I read the savage garden and ordered a beginner's collection of CP's as a gift for my mom who is a avid Gardner with a huge greenhouse. It's now roughly a year later and I have converted one of my 3 rooms into a mini cp nursery. My grow list is as follows.

Nepenthes
1. N. Ventrata (hybrid alata x ventricosa)
2. N. Talangensis
3. N. Stenophylla (Bareo)
4. N. Singalana (Belirang)
5. N. lowii
6. N. aristolochiodes
7. N. ephippiata (Ganung Raya)
8. N. Diatas
9. N. tentaculata (Murud)
10. N. Ramispina
11. N. Copellandi
12. N. Spectabilis x Aristolochiodes (Hybrid)
13. N. Hamata (Clone #1 Wistuba's nursery)
14. N. Hamata x Spathulata (Borneo exotics hybrid from seed)
15. N. Hamata x Singalana (Borneo exotics hybrid from seed)
16. N. Vogellii
17. N. xiphiodes (Wistuba clone)
18. N. Gymnaphora
19. N. Alba
20. N. Jacquelinae
21. N. Burbidgae
22. N. Reinwardtiana
23. N. Robcantleyii aka formerly Truncata "Queen of Hearts x King of Spades" (Seed Grown)
24. N. Albomarginata (Red Form)
25. N. Albomarginata (Kuching Spotted Form)
26. N. Albomarginata (Brunei Bright Green Form)

(I'm expecting to be adding another N. Hamata (BE clone) and seperately a N. Villosa and a N. Macrophylla so I am keeping my fingers crossed they arrive healthy.

Heliamphora

1. H. Minor (One small and one adult sized)
2. H. Nutans (One small, one medium, and one Medium young adult)
3. H. Heterodoxa x Nutans "Red" (Full sized adult plant currently flowering)
4. H. Cliliata (lowland Heliamphora TC clone from Wistuba's nursery in Germany)
5. I am currently awaiting some new clones from Germany and will add them to my list once I am sure they have settled in and see they have survived the trip. here is what I should be receiving next month: H. Heterodoxa (Gran Sabana),
H. Puchella, H. Elongata, H. Ionassi, H. Neblinae var. Hispida .

Venus Flytraps

D. Akai Ryu
D. Red Piranha
D. G-14 Rosetted
D. Wacky Traps
D. Dutch

Pinguiculas/Butterworts

P. Moctezuma

Cephalotus

C. Typical (I have 4 different plants of various sizes 1 of which I consider to be mature based on pitcher size)
C. Hummer's Giant

American Pitcher Plant Sarracenia

S. Minor
S. Leucophylla (white/red top)
S. Dixie Lace (Hybrid)
S. Psittacina (all green anthocyanin free variety)

Drosera Sundews

D. Regia
D. Spathulata ( yellow flowers)
D. Spathulata (Frasier Island)
D. Slackii

Byblis

Byblis Liniflora Rainbow plant

And there you have it, that's my list, I know it definitely shows that I am a cp junky but hey there's far worse things I could be addicted to like the Dr. Pepper I can't seem to stop drinking!
Last edited by EVGA_FAN on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:48 am, edited 4 times in total.
By pieguy452
For being new to carnivorous plants, you sure do have a lot of them! And it is a very good start :)
By EVGA_FAN
Thanks for the encouragement, It's true that I have purchased a lot in my first year and I know that I'll run out of growing space long before I satiate my urge to continue expanding my grow list, I have definitely learned a lot about indoor growing and I have also gotten to experience the truth that what works for one person may not work at all in another person's house even if that other person is growing in the same city/state that I am. The only online vendor I'll ever order from that has flytrap in their business name is flytrapstore.com i have shopped at least 2x from every US online retailer of CP's I know of except for amazon.com and I gotta say that the flytrapstore.com clearly exceeds in their standards of business & product health/condition/packaging protection. compared to the other competitors here in the US. I may sound like a fanboy, trust me my enthusiasm is the result of purchasing every plant on my growlist online and I had to learn from personal experience with purchasing different vendors. I have learned a ton from these forums and read many books and much of the info on these forums has yet to be published into books, well atleast when compared to the books I know that are out there. Thanks to everyone who has checked out my growlist and has shared their knowledge on this forum.
Last edited by EVGA_FAN on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By stitz25b
your new to them?
most noobs dont have a room converted for cps and a huge greenhouse :o
By EVGA_FAN
My mother has a large greenhouse for orchids and succulents, as well as a large organic garden and bird aviaries. I don't have a green house but i do have a balcony that is pretty wide and gets direct morning sun til approx 12 noon and then i have my spare room and one terrarium converted for growing my CP's, my setup works for growing pretty well but it doesn't display the plants very well because i use white plastic hanging from high output t5 fixtures to reflect light back towards the plants and it helps trap a little humidity to. I will post pictures later tonight.
By EVGA_FAN
So Here are picutres of a few of my plants. I apologize I am not the best photographer nor do I have the best camera to snap shots with either.
Nepenthes Singalana & a small established Cephalotus
CP Pictures from my collection
CP Pictures from my collection
IMG_0002_edited.jpg (72.14 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
My Largest Cephalotus growing with some Live Sphagnum
My biggest Cephalotus "Typical"
My biggest Cephalotus "Typical"
IMG_0007_Edited for forum post.jpg (144.96 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
N. Hamata x Singalana grown from Seed, showing the first of it's wicked young lower pitchers.
This is a relatively new addition for me, N. Hamata x Singalana showing one of it's distinct first pitchers.
This is a relatively new addition for me, N. Hamata x Singalana showing one of it's distinct first pitchers.
IMG_0011_edited size for post.jpg (191.84 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Drosera Regia, this plant I have had for close to a year now and it has tripled in size since I received it as well as consistently producing new plants roots at the base of the plant, I carefully free them from the base of the plant after giving them a heavy mist of distilled water so that the soil doesn't add to any resistance in trying to free the plantlets from the mother plants roots.
Drosera Regia
Drosera Regia
IMG_0012_Edited for post.jpg (35.63 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
N. Densiflora x N. King of Clubs aka Borneo Exotics Nepenthes Cultivar now listed as N. Robcantleyi.
N. Densiflora x N. King of Clubs aka N. Robcantleyii
N. Densiflora x N. King of Clubs aka N. Robcantleyii
IMG_0014.JPG (127.68 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
3 plants are in this photo. From Left to right I have Heliamphora Minor (from FTS of course), N. Hamata x Spathulata Seed grown and lastly N. Jacquelinae. I must say the picture does not do them justice because none of them are in great focus.
N. Hamata x Spathulata in Between N. Jacquelinae and a Small H. Minor
N. Hamata x Spathulata in Between N. Jacquelinae and a Small H. Minor
IMG_0018_Edited.jpg (152.07 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Here my G-14 Rosetted VFT with some Drosera that unintentionally must of been hiding under the soil when I purchased the plant.
G-14 Rosetted VFT with D. Binata and Capensis Stow aways popping up at the edges of the pot.
G-14 Rosetted VFT with D. Binata and Capensis Stow aways popping up at the edges of the pot.
IMG_0035_Edited.jpg (62.07 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
Here is my N. Talangensis showing one of its first large pitchers for me.
IMG_0006_EDit.jpg
IMG_0006_EDit.jpg (53.13 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
This is my S. Luecophylla coming out of dormancy on my balcony.
S. Luecophylla outside on balcony.
S. Luecophylla outside on balcony.
IMG_0036_Edited.jpg (111.14 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
N. Stenophylla from Bareo showing off it's 2nd decent sized lower pitcher.
N. Stenophylla (Bareo) with it's 2nd large pitcher opened fully.
N. Stenophylla (Bareo) with it's 2nd large pitcher opened fully.
IMG_0008_Edited.jpg (69.62 KiB) Viewed 2820 times
Well that is all I am going to resize and post tonight but next time I have some free time and can borrow a real camera from a friend instead of my old iphone's camera I will attempt to post better pictures and get them posted. Here is one more picture for the road. :D

This is my growing Terrarium which shows the Heliamphora Ciliata growing in the back and a N. albomarginata "Red" and a N. Reinwardtiana growing in pots of Live Sphagnum. Other plants in the Terrarium out of the picture include N. Albomarginata Brunei "Bright Green" and "Kuching Spotted" Varieties.
My Growing Terrarium with N. Reinwardtiana, N. Albomarginata "Red", Heliamphora Cliliata "Dubbed a true lowland Heliamphora by Dr. Wistuba
My Growing Terrarium with N. Reinwardtiana, N. Albomarginata "Red", Heliamphora Cliliata "Dubbed a true lowland Heliamphora by Dr. Wistuba
IMG_0026_Edited_Resize.jpg (127.42 KiB) Viewed 2834 times
Hope you all like the pictures. Thanks for reading my post and helping me learn more about growing these awesome plants.-EVGA_FAN :D :D
EVGA_FAN liked this

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!