FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
For Sarracenia. How good are they with the shipping, plant size, etc?
By chevyguy8893
They take a little while to ship as they list in their descriptions for processing time, but they package the plants well and they arrive quickly after that. The four Sarracenia I bought from them were all grown in 2" wide square pots, and about 3" tall if I remember correctly. The plants are younger, but the ones I got were all healthy. The S. purpurea pitchers were between 2-3" tall, and when the S. 'Judith Hindle' grew a pitcher it topped out around 4". All of the plants started growing new pitchers not long after getting them. I'm not really sure how old they are since I do not know if they fertilize seedlings or not. Overall, they were decent plants for the price in my opinion.

This was one of the pitchers on the S. purpurea not long after I got it that was already grown.
ImageDSC_1027 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr
chevyguy8893 liked this
By jwbates26
I ordered some plants from them for students in a botany class. Their plants are shipped nicely. They are a nursery and their plants are starter plants that are small. That is why their prices are so low. Wellsprings gardens web site is a good place to visit to see all their options. Usually if you order a certain number of plants they throw in a couple freebies. They usually are not carnivorous though. Their plants that I've gotten from them have been healthy plants, usually shipped in starter pots that needs to be replaced. I think they only have two Nepenthes but the ones I've gotten were again small but are very easy to care for and have grown great.
jwbates26 liked this
By Dematerialize
They're great with their Nepenthes, so my opinion is based on that. Their shipping deals are awesome and the plants are decently sized for the price. I got two Nepenthes for $11 with the second plant shipping for .50 cents. I'll be buying from them again soon. Image

Dematerialize liked this
By katya_dog1
Thanks everybody for the responses! The shipping deals are the main reason I have to order from them.
By katya_dog1
Yeah, Dematerialize, I was going to get a N. Alata, but it is going into winter and I am worried it might freeze. Do the Nepenthes come with protection?
By Dematerialize
It came in a USPS 3 day Priority Mail box nicely wrapped in a paper bag, the inside had tape holding the plant into the small plastic square pot, and I think there was some foam and more newspaper around it.

They can add more insulation if you ask them. Since it is so quick I don't think you have to worry too much unless your area is very cold at me moment. Then again I live in Georgia so maybe they added less knowing it is still warm over here.
Dematerialize liked this
By katya_dog1
Ah, I am in NC. So it ought to be fine as long as it is not freezing. Thanks again!
By Dematerialize
Cool! Haven't seen too many people here that live nearby.

You won't have to worry much then. Maybe time it with the weather forecast to make sure there's no crazy cold fronts coming in the following days. Here it went down to 26F a few days ago.
By katya_dog1
Hehe... We have not had down even to 35 yet, so I think I'll be fine.
By Goodkoalie
Dematerialize wrote:Cool! Haven't seen too many people here that live nearby. Image

You won't have to worry much then. Maybe time it with the weather forecast to make sure there's no crazy cold fronts coming in the following days. Here it went down to 26F a few days ago. Image
26 degrees? That us freezing cold. What is your lowest temp in your area?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
By Dematerialize
Well, the average lowest temp in this city by this time is supposed to be 50F lol so the weather is being a bit crazy! Even by the end of November the average low doesn't go below 41

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!