FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Propag8
After looking through Best carnivorous plants website I fell in love with the D05 clone but on their online shop aimed at buyers like us not wholesale it seems all the plants listed have names triton etc. Does anyone know of any other names for this clone or why it's not listed in the retail shop thanks guys. P.s I can't buy from fts I'm in UK wish I could.
By Propag8
Just to add I thought this clone maybe relatively new but I found write ups on it as far back as 2007. This is the clone.
Attachments:
Beautiful plant
Beautiful plant
unnamed.jpg (97.19 KiB) Viewed 3377 times
By Matt
Yes, I recall seeing that clone all the way back in 2007 when I acquired my first flytrap as an adult and fell in love with them again. I suspect that it probably wasn't unique enough for them to give another name to sell in their retail shop or perhaps they did give it another name and I'm not aware of it. I know BCP B05 was renamed to "Red Bull" but I'm not aware of D05 receiving any other unique name.
Propag8 liked this
By Propag8
Thanks Matt it's a beautiful clone. I thinks sometimes people are too obsessed with mutated traps that they forget how stunning a strongly coloured plant with more typical shaped traps can look. I'm currently chatting to a guy in Germany that may have one. He also has purple ambush I'm getting one no matter what lol. :D
Matt liked this
By Propag8
Yay!!! Purple ambush is in the mail along with ARPC,G10 and large red clone. Unfortunately no D05 but I will hunt one down hopefully. ARPC is a pretty cool BCP clone so I'm happy to have that. :D
Matt liked this
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!