FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By pcam86
Hey guys,

I'm new to growing and I'm a little confused if i need to leave my seedlings under a propogation cover as soon as they sprout or if I'm best to remove them and just keep them in a sunny spot (window)?

I'm just concerned that mould may form if they're left under the cover for too long.
By pcam86
I'll give it a try. I think we'll have some intense sun in the UK this weekend and ive currently got my seedlings in trays under a weak LED so was going to move them to full sun but wasnt sure if they'd get too hot all of a sudden with the cover on.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Yeah putting them in full sun with the cover on can be deadly. How old are the seedlings? And what species are they? I wouldn't put them in direct sun unless they're about the size of a dime or so. If you want to give them more sun, maybe start with indirect sun for a little while, then acclimate them. Seedlings are a little more delicate.
By steve booth
Definitely ditch the cover and put them in sunlight (we won’t get much intense sun in the uk now the rain is arriving) the air movement will prevent mould.
They will go dormant soon unles you intend to keep them growing through winter under lights.

Cheers
Steve
Help! My VFT is dying

So is morning sun better than afternoon sun? I h[…]

How much water is too much water?

Generally, in summer stand in water to no more tha[…]

St. Patrick’s Beard

Hasn’t made a normal trap in FOREVERR, can f[…]

FTS Archangel

:P

Triton

Amazing as always, wish it had color though ;)

GJ Goliath

Let’s try this again.

Korean Melody Shark

Smol

Sounds like it should be about the same thing. M[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!