FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By TS 1989
The two plants do not really look identical to me.

EDIT: After analyzing it even closely, they seem to resemble.
Last edited by TS 1989 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt
Chipi3s wrote:Up to this point it's all speculation.
Not all speculation. There is a lot of compelling visual evidence in the photos.

And the date of the feedback left on your profile matches up with that auction from lina_lima_bean_a:

Seems like an extremely unlikely coincidence that the plant in lina_lima_bean_a's auction, which appears that you won and clearly states it is a Wistuba TC clone, looks surprisingly similar to the plant that was listed in your auction.
By katya_dog1
New evidence! This certainly does throw a wrench into things....
By Matt
Chipi3s wrote:I will be honest with you guys. I did not feel it was worth coming forward and ruining my reputation when i already removed my plant well before anyone said anything to me. I apologize for deceiving people and continuing to defend my self when i knew the truth. I still to this day have never sold a plant or merchandise for that matter that was knowingly mislabeled. I wanted to build a reputation for my self so i could continue to grow and sell plants as i so much do enjoy. Instead was exploited by BrunoL for a sale that never went through and was removed by me well before a bid took place. I wish to continue to grow and sell plants honestly and have them identified truthfully before sold. I hope you can understand why i didn't break and just tell the truth but i guess i have no choice at this point. I guess in the end you have a user who wrote a hypocritical article and a user who was exploited.
Well at least we have the truth now!

And I don't see this as exploitation, given that you did post a deceptive eBay listing and that was the subject of the thread. But kudos to you for taking it down before any bidding started and for not stealing from anyone.

I'm not sure why you didn't just come out and state that from the beginning. The evidence was pretty convincing to start with, but with the addition of the new evidence a few posts ago, it was all but a certainty that your eBay listing was deceptive. It looks way worse to continue to lie than to just admit that you made a deceptive listing but thought better of it and took it down before getting any bids.
By BrunoL
Well, it seems that this thread has finally come to a conclusion after about 2 months.

The truth has now been revealed; I still do not understand why you did not just admit your error from the beginning. Even with all of the evidence, you continued to say harsh statements such as "You made a whole thread to try to lie and say I'm a scammer", "Why should anyone believe anything you have to say", again, "no one has reason to believe you" and yet again, "Do you expect the community to believe you at all?"

And, for a time, nobody believed me, even though I knew (and provided evidence) that the N. hamata was not what it truly was. "And you defended yourself with evidences, I am sure many people would believe in your integrity." "for what it's worth, I believe everything you wrote above" "Chip, at this point it's pretty obvious that you're innocent here. I think anyone reading this will understand that. I certainly do." Nobody believed in me. Sure felt like I was in the Catalinarian conspiracy... :(
Instead was exploited by BrunoL for a sale that never went through and was removed by me well before a bid took place.
Not to beat the dead horse, but you did relist the N. hamata as a BE clone on Feb. 23rd, And someone actually bid on it, until he/she retracted it on Feb. 27th. Then, you removed the auction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/281944028836?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Perhaps you should have taken this bit of advice at the beginning of the thread.
"It is only proper to admit one's mistakes. No one is infallible.
"Admit your mistake, do not dig in deeper with lies" -John Baker, U.S Marine Corp."

But, I understand. As my friend, Adam, says, "To conclude this, letting others know about the caution of using eBay, even with sellers with a high feedback rating, was good and posting it was certainly justifiable. It is disappointing to hear that you listed a plant as something it was not, but openly admitting to it on a public forum shows remorse. Everyone makes irrational decisions at some, or many, points in their life regardless of what some may say. What one does after the fact shows who the person is."

Yes, your statement "user who wrote a hypocritical article" has some truth to it. It was hypocritical of me to start this thread; however, as Adam and Matt have stated, there was another point to the thread: to let others know that eBay should be dealt with caution.

I hope that future users look upon this thread and learn these two valuable lessons. Be honest and watch out for eBay!
I also hope that we can move on from this intensive thread and focus more on the passion of growing carnivorous plants! :)
By BrunoL
Well, I know this thread is over, but I actually got a response again from lina_lina_bean_a. If only he had responded earlier... then the situation would have been "nipped at the bud"
image.jpg
image.jpg (41.92 KiB) Viewed 6737 times
By roarke
Also if you sell something on any auction and sell sites, you have good rep, and one buyer (usualy a new comer, and about this read bellow) will some day blame you for missing plants/seeds in the box, and you are perfectly sure you have put inside it, do this :

Always if you have doubts about that buyer, do a official inventory of the box at the postal office, signed by the post office clerk. And always add some good comercial rules in your sell posted on that sell/auction site.

Because the buyer will let you know (by telephone or email) that is nothing in the box, but he only wants another plant or seeds or money back, and also wants to keep his first delivered to him box. (now you are scamed and he has a free one).

Or worse:
He will let you know (by telephone or email) that is nothing in the box, but he does'not acctualy want to pick it up from the postal office (so when you are scamed you will deliver another one to him and will have the next box for free, because the first box will arrive many days later back to you).

It happen to me once, and i did not fall in his scam, just because i make the box along with my brother.
By NatureBoy
I was looking at some vft on eBay and came across a seller by the username buffalochicken1299, he is selling a young SD Draco for $27. Anyone know if he is legit? I'm interested in the SD Draco.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
By boarderlib
NatureBoy wrote:I was looking at some vft on eBay and came across a seller by the username buffalochicken1299, he is selling a young SD Draco for $27. Anyone know if he is legit? I'm interested in the SD Draco.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
I have no input on this or any other seller on Fleabay. Just my two cents is, it is better to be safe than sorry. There's so many horror stories, misrepresentations, and just shady people on there, you are far better waiting for a reputable grower here or one of the fine CP stores to stock back up for a particular plant. I personally have about a twenty plant wish list at FTS, and I watch them. When one of my plants go to in stock, I'm on it like flies on... This takes patience though, but as the old adage goes, " good things come to those who wait. "

I'm sure there are very reputable people on there too, but I personally wouldn't want to risk it. Just my two cents.

Good luck!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
By evenwind
Buffalochicken1299 is legit. I've bought from him many times. His plants are correctly named, well grown and well packed. Also, he's an active member here.
By Chipi3s
People make mistakes in life. You live and learn and sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I apologize to everyone in the community for falsely labeling a plant. It's been months now. That was the first time I have ever done such a thing and it will never happen again.
I have tried repeatedly to try to contact "BrunoL" via private message,txt message and even a phone call to try to apologize to him and have Him remove this thread but he has completely ignored me. So I decided hey why not just man up and apologize. Damage has been done so just pick up the peaces and slowly rebuild.
I guess a personal attack and getting revenge is more important. Goes to show where ones morals are and the kind of person one is.
So I'll put my pride aside and come out and admit what I did wrong and apologize to everyone. So let that be that and I hope this doesn't effect future trades or even bids ect ect. -Chipi3s
Last edited by Chipi3s on Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BrunoL
Chipi3s wrote:People make mistakes in life. You live and learn and sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I apologize to everyone in the community for falsely labeling a plant. It's been months now. That was the first time I have ever done such a thing and it will never happen again.
I have tried repeatedly to try to contact "BrunoL" via private message,txt message and even phone call to try to apologize to him and have Him remove this thread but he has completely ignored me. So I decided hey why not just man up and apologize. Damage has been done so just pick up the peaces and slowly rebuild.
I guess a personal attack and getting revenge is more important. Goes to show where ones morals are and the kind of person one is.
So I'll put my pride aside and come out and admit what I did wrong and apologize to everyone. So let that be that and I hope this doesn't effect future trades or even bids ect ect. -Chipi3s
I accept and appreciate your apology for falsely labeling that N. hamata, Tyler.

However, your statement "I guess a personal attack and getting revenge is more important. Goes to show where ones morals are and the kind of person one is" is, in my opinion, skewed and contrary to actions performed quite recently.
As a matter of fact, your response toward this entire dilemma was indeed a personal attack. You gave me 56 negative feedbacks over the course of a month, using many alternate accounts such as RickeyBobby and R1life, with horrible, false comments such as "Beware buyer, sent me empty box, do not trust, liar, betrayer, etc". The situation got so bad that Matt had to delete those accounts.

Now you are telling me that I have a corrupted moral code...
How is this logical?
why not just man up and apologize
A statement due long ago...
It's been months now.
It has been only slightly more than a month since your last attempt to sell the N. hamata falsely.

Additionally, I have not responded to either means of communication because I feel that I am being menaced. You called me twice, I answered the second time, as I was expecting another phone call and the caller ID was "unknown caller", and you hung up on me. This particular thread has brought much suffering upon myself and I strongly dislike having to see it continue. Nevertheless, even if I had heeded your request to remove the thread, I physically could not as that is not within my power. Even so, although the thread brings many painful remembrances, I shall not edit it to the point where your name is non-existent as I cannot edit other people's response and it would defy the justifiable point it makes.
Even with all of said actions, I am willing to offer forgiveness.

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!