FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By FlyTrap Hunter
I am going to isolate these two and cross them for Carolina Red Traps x self seeds. Then I am going to grow them out to see how much variation I get.
This is a natural looking fly trap but extraordinary in its beauty, with deep red traps. I bought a starter from FTC 2 years ago and now I have the 2 larger plants and 7 small divisions.
This is still one of my favorites.
Carolina Red Traps
Carolina Red Traps
Effect_20190416_194510.jpg (394.03 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
By Cross
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:I am going to isolate these two and cross them for Carolina Red Traps x self seeds. Then I am going to grow them out to see how much variation I get.
This is a natural looking fly trap but extraordinary in its beauty, with deep red traps. I bought a starter from FTC 2 years ago and now I have the 2 larger plants and 7 small divisions.
This is still one of my favorites.
Effect_20190416_194510.jpg
My Carolina red is sending up a flower stalk now. Not anywhere near as tall as yours. I think it'll be interesting to see your variation and then I can compare it to mine as well. I got my Carolina red a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By FlyTrap Hunter
Rest in peace little Carolina Red Traps. You will be missed but your legacy will live on in divisions and seeds.
Yes I killed it letting it make seeds. I have to admit I am wrong because I didn't think it would die flowering.
It was a good journey
CRT
CRT
Effect_20190624_201006.jpg (137.19 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
By Cross
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:Rest in peace little Carolina Red Traps. You will be missed but your legacy will live on in divisions and seeds.
Yes I killed it letting it make seeds. I have to admit I am wrong because I didn't think it would die flowering.
It was a good journey
Effect_20190624_201006.jpg
But it was so healthy! What happened?

By FlyTrap Hunter
Cross wrote:
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:Rest in peace little Carolina Red Traps. You will be missed but your legacy will live on in divisions and seeds.
It was a good journey
Flowering killed it. Flowering took too much energy from the mother plant.
I cut off several flower stalks because they were taking too much energy from the plants. But I wanted some to make seeds and that killed the Red Traps. Like I said, I have 7 more divisions and now seeds.
I had some die from flowering that were weak plants when I got them.
The Red Traps was very strong and healthy.
By Cross
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:
Cross wrote:
It was a good journey
Flowering killed it. Flowering took too much energy from the mother plant.
I cut off several flower stalks because they were taking too much energy from the plants. But I wanted some to make seeds and that killed the Red Traps. Like I said, I have 7 more divisions and now seeds.
I had some die from flowering that were weak plants when I got them.
The Red Traps was very strong and healthy.
What a mother, sacrificing her life so that her offspring may live. You will never be forgotten!

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!