FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By victor
Ah man, I live on the other side of the nation!!!! :cry:

Well if anybody goes could please post up some pics?
By jht-union
very nice, unfortunately even in the VFT state, i don't think we have a lot of CP fans in here :( , i will for sure spread the word out, i can start a CP community in here ;), i bet there are some people in lake waccamaw with VFT's at their home growing outside year round, woudn't that be amazing, just putting peat in the patio of your house, about 3FT of peat moss with a mix of silica, throw some seeds out, some plants, and watch them grow year round, that would be great, perhaps me living 2 hours near lake wammacam, maybe i can grow my VFT's outside, there's a botanical garden near UNC chapel hill, which have heard by wahter( a member of the FTC), they're growing outside year round(and i live farhter east, about 20mins from that botanical garden, which is located to the west), VFT's, sarras, i'm dying to go there soon! :)
By BradR
Matt:
You should come down for this CP show. My wife and I are going to drive up. I contacted Gill Wichi of the BACPS and he said they have about 4 or 5 venders showing and selling plants. I think Peter D'amato is comming . You could get a table and sell a lot of plants.

Brad
By Matt
BradR wrote:Matt:
You should come down for this CP show. My wife and I are going to drive up. I contacted Gill Wichi of the BACPS and he said they have about 4 or 5 venders showing and selling plants. I think Peter D'amato is comming . You could get a table and sell a lot of plants.
That's a good idea Brad. I'm already planning on coming to the June 25th show. Most of my plants are still just breaking dormancy and don't look all that impressive, other than the plants I have growing under lights. Having not planned on coming down there in early April, I'm afraid I'm not quite prepared in terms of having plants potted out in individual pots ready for sale. I suppose I could throw together a few plants quickly and my wife is pretty easy to convince to take a trip, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for us to show up there, but at this point I'd say it's somewhat unlikely. I'll talk with Leah (my wife) and see what she thinks. If she seems interested, I'll let you know and ask for Gill's contact information to ask him about getting a table.

Are you planning on coming to the June 25th show?:
http://www.bacps.org/show.html
By dantt99
Matt, you wanna come down to SD and pick me up ;)
Man, I wish I could go! Too bad they don't have this in San Diego :(
anyway, to those going. Bring your cameras! Darn! I wish I could meet you guys face to face :D
By BradR
Matt wrote:Doesn't look like we're going to make it down there this Saturday. But I am planning on making it to the June 25th show.
I'm still planning to go. It's about a 6 Hr. drive for me. Might stop and do some wine tasting in the Central Coast area. Nice weekend get away. Sounds like the June show is much bigger. Maybe I'll see you at that one.

Brad
By Matt
BradR wrote:I'm still planning to go. It's about a 6 Hr. drive for me. Might stop and do some wine tasting in the Central Coast area. Nice weekend get away. Sounds like the June show is much bigger. Maybe I'll see you at that one.
Last year Leah and I came down for the July meeting at Peter's nursery. We did some wine tasting in Napa and Sonoma. It was a really fun weekend. I'm sure that you'll have a good time as well.

It's about a 6 hour drive for us down to San Jose too. I wish we could make it but hopefully you'll be able to come up for the June show and we can meet then.
By butterwortguy
Hey sorry but I forgot to tell you when and where it was but there is an even bigger and better one that is in oakland I might be selling plants but maybe not if I am most will big just go to bacps.org
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!