FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
A while back, I was sent some seeds for a Cardinal cClimber. It is a type of Morning Glory, but more for cultivation due to its beautiful red flowers.
Unfortunately, I have purged a lot of my old messages, and I do not remember who sent them to me. However, I wanted to provide an update on their progress.
8 of the seeds germinated, and are in the process of climbing the little trellis that I bought. Hopefully I will have flowers soon.
Whichever member sent them to me, please speak up. I want to send you a picture of their progress because I am pleased with how they are doing, and are a great addition to my wife's butterfly garden.
Chef
sanguinearocks101 liked this
By DragonsEye
Glad to hear they are doing well for you! When you mentioned your Japanese beetle problem, I had wondered if they, too, were being decimated by the vermin.
By ChefDean
I will send a pic tomorrow when I have better light. Right now, it is just too dark.
The Japanese Beetles have not done anything to my wife's butterfly garden, which is where I planted the Climbers. However, I am picking literally dozens of them off of my basil and tomatoes every day.
Plus, they seem to enjoy getting into my magnolia blossoms and doing the naughty. I am having great fun drowning those little buggers to keep them from laying eggs in my lawn.
Drowned Japanese Beetles
Drowned Japanese Beetles
20200624_184127.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 2034 times
By ChefDean
Butterfly garden and crack-head Chorkie
Butterfly garden and crack-head Chorkie
20200626_073814.jpg (3.47 MiB) Viewed 2030 times
Cardinal climber
Cardinal climber
20200626_073836.jpg (2.41 MiB) Viewed 2030 times
The Cardinal Climber grew pretty slow until it touched the trellis, then it took off. It went from touching the bottom to what you see, almost 2 feet up, in just under a week. Now I'm going to be impatiently waiting for blooms.
Thank you DragonsEye.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!