FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Re-L
Acquired this plant in fall 2018, now in its second season and it's grown very well! I have repotted the plant, and it's really taken off!

Grow zone 10, and using potted refrigerator dormancy to good effect.

2018, fall

2020, summer

tommyr liked this
By Magic Mutt
How much sun does it get daily? Looks great

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

By Re-L
Magic Mutt wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:54 am How much sun does it get daily? Looks great
Plants get sun from sun rise to about mid day. There is an awning above them to shield from the harsh mid-day light in my environment, but some light is filtered through and still reaches them. I would say about 7-8 hours of direct sunlight and about 3-4 of filtered during the growing season.
By Re-L
2021 update!

This is by far the most aggressive growing VFT I've owned. It's been three years, and the plant has gone from this:

To THIS:

I've grown King Henrys, Dutch Delights, and Big Vigorous - and this plant has outclassed all of them in growth and vigor, even the Big Vig. This is a very impressive cultivar!

Here are some further pictures. Started as a singular plant, but it's divided into about 4 or 5 now, with three being very large while the other two are of moderate size. You may note one of the larger plants threw out a couple of mutated double-traps, not entirely sure how this happened, and all of the traps since have been normal.

A few weeks back I repotted it into a larger ceramic pot. And I'm starting to run out of glazed ceramic pots to put it in!
MaxVft, MikeB, Nepenthes0260 and 3 others liked this
By MikeB
Very nice! I bought a couple of those in the spring, can't wait to see them take off next year.
By MaxVft
Wowza! That actually looks just like in all the really cool looking stock photos I see of it online :shock: ... I wanna get one now :D
By Re-L
It is 2023, here are some more pictures. Once again, I will continue to sing praise for this cultivar. It is a very strong & rapid grower.

In 5 years 1 plant has divided into approximately 8, and is getting close to putting out the fabled 2" traps. This thoroughly outpaces my previous best grower, a Big Vigorous, which in roughly the same time period had divided from 1 plant into 4, and was producing 1.5" traps.

Growzone 10b.
MikeB, optique, Matt and 1 others liked this
Re-introduction

Thanks so much for sharing this great information![…]

You know, it kinda hits you different when you onl[…]

Piese originale Ford S-Max 2015-2020 alegerea pi[…]

https://www.pieseford.ro/piese-auto-ford-s-max-20[…]

Hello!

Welcome

Chilly in LA…

I've got a friend in Harvey, but that looks like […]

1 year old cape!

My cape is being evil. It died back when I did I[…]

The Sphagnum Yacht

We all love cotton...blue jeans, t-shirts, underwe[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!