I figured I may as well give up. I used up most of my seeds and if this was just going to keep happening, it would be a waste to ask for more.
I didn't throw the soil out immediately. I am a professional procrastinator. Yesterday, I finally got around to it. The soil was almost completely dry. I thought I saw some green out of the corner of my eye. Probably more algae. Nope. This green has the smallest stem and two of the smallest leaves I have ever seen. They are actually sprouts!
Of the 28 pots I planted, 9 have sprouts. All 4 Capensis, 3 Aliciae, and 2 capillaris. I put water in their tray last night, let them sit just long enough to absorb the water and then poured the excess out. Hopefully, that will keep the cat away from since she hasn't messed with them since I let the trays go dry.
One of the Alciae's that sprouted is missing half the soil. It was one of the ones that got dumped out into the water. How it is sprouting is beyond me.
Fenlena's Grow List