FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Fenlena
I moved my garden downstairs because it was very difficult to get on my hands and knees on the floor behind the bookshelf to check on them. The cat knocked most of my pots over trying to get to the water in the tray. They were upside down in the water.

I figured I may as well give up. I used up most of my seeds and if this was just going to keep happening, it would be a waste to ask for more.

I didn't throw the soil out immediately. I am a professional procrastinator. Yesterday, I finally got around to it. The soil was almost completely dry. I thought I saw some green out of the corner of my eye. Probably more algae. Nope. This green has the smallest stem and two of the smallest leaves I have ever seen. They are actually sprouts!

Of the 28 pots I planted, 9 have sprouts. All 4 Capensis, 3 Aliciae, and 2 capillaris. I put water in their tray last night, let them sit just long enough to absorb the water and then poured the excess out. Hopefully, that will keep the cat away from since she hasn't messed with them since I let the trays go dry.

One of the Alciae's that sprouted is missing half the soil. It was one of the ones that got dumped out into the water. How it is sprouting is beyond me.
Intheswamp liked this
By Intheswamp
Sounds like you've got a stand of sundews going! :D They go through a lot of hard times out in the wild, too. I had some local brevifolia (it's an annual) that I procured locally, I planted them in a pot...and they died. I left the pot sitting around outside and looked one day and the seeds the previous plants had produced were sprouting!!! Don't count'em out!!! :mrgreen:
By Fenlena
Forgot to include some pics. This is my new setup downstairs.
Chance is really taking off. Cactus Jack is holding strong at the exact same size he was when we got him.
And finally, some of the beautiful little sprouts...

Has anyone heard about this population of giant tr[…]

Received. Thanks!

They arrived! thank you! :D

Just saw this https://lifehacker.com/home/how-to-g[…]

Thanks. Yeah I’ve been trying to find a loca[…]

Thanks guys I’ll cut it. I haven’t got[…]

RO Buddy Reviews

Yes, you can use it for other plants that aren't s[…]

I don't do FB but I believe I may have seen this. […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!