FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By snapperhead51
I have used T5 and T8 with very great results, the only light that worked in my tanks was a metal halide with the high blue light spectrum , all others including the new long life CLF 65k were very unsatisfactory ! all the plants suffered and a few died because of the poor light , with the halide all grew well and fast !! no sulking plants or poor light leaf curl or leaf deformities like the other lights , may be if you use 6 T5 or T8 it may do better, but u only need one 100 or 200 W halide !!
J
By snapperhead51
the lights you listed say they have the right light spectrum 65 k, but over all strength is suspect would be very week as i found when did it, and ditched the idea completely !! wast of time for me !! , , if your going that way , and like to be disappointed , !! you will need at lest 6 cost know idea as i am in AU , the T8's i got here were only $ 8 or or 9 bucks ea , its the light housing that is the expensive part !!
look for second hand fittings , may be a lot cheaper , you will have trouble finding a 6 fluro holder , may need to get 5 or 6 single fitting's and join them all up
may need a sparky to do the electrical work as well
J
snapperhead51 liked this
By CPHunter
ok thanks, i am sill lost here :? and i dont know what to get. would you be able to give me a link of a product that has
the correct lighting for my nepenthes. and that is around $70. and sorry for all the trouble. i feel like my head is going to explode :oops:
By snapperhead51
I see , OK , your going to need to do some research !! the globe your looking for is Sylvania 100 w Metalarc MP100/ U.E 27 can be 200 w as well , look on eBay and your hydroponic shops , $70 hhmm dough it recon the stater and blast will cost more than that alone, dose here , in US you will need to ask . you will find as you want to get more tec in growing usually the $$ got up as well m just the way it is !

J
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!