FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Moderator: Matt

By Hungry Plants
I just picked up a 3200 loom led shop light and was just wanted to know how far I should hang it from my plans. They will mostly sundew with a couple of ping and maybe a nep or two. Thank four the help :)
By Volmen
At 3200 lumens I would start at 12” and adjust as u need too!

I had my 6500k 1600 lumen fluorescent light only 4 inches away!

~Volmen
By nimbulan
You can't really determine a mounting distance just based on the lumen output of a fixture. I aim for about 2000 lumens per square foot of grow space (you can get away with a less, but likely lose color on plants) so you should try to figure out what height you need to mount it at to cover the appropriate size grow space for its output. Keep in mind that Nepenthes may not like as much light as the other plants.
By Hungry Plants
nimbulan wrote:You can't really determine a mounting distance just based on the lumen output of a fixture. I aim for about 2000 lumens per square foot of grow space (you can get away with a less, but likely lose color on plants) so you should try to figure out what height you need to mount it at to cover the appropriate size grow space for its output. Keep in mind that Nepenthes may not like as much light as the other plants.

I’m working tords a better growing space. I was going to use a long table that I could put a few trays on. I was going to put things like the neps tords the outer edges. How would the math work for looms per squar foot. L x W divided my looms?
By nimbulan
You'll want to measure your intended grow space to figure out how many square feet it is, then divide 3200 by that. If you're dealing with a single bulb 4' fixture I think it's going to be difficult to manage without additional light. Once you figure out if it's adequate or adjust your grow space/lighting as necessary, just mount the light at whatever height where most of the light cast stays within your grow space.
By Hungry Plants
nimbulan wrote:You'll want to measure your intended grow space to figure out how many square feet it is, then divide 3200 by that. If you're dealing with a single bulb 4' fixture I think it's going to be difficult to manage without additional light. Once you figure out if it's adequate or adjust your grow space/lighting as necessary, just mount the light at whatever height where most of the light cast stays within your grow space.

The light mimics a two bulb shop light. For the price I might add a second one to the space.

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!