FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

List the plants you grow

Moderator: Matt

By AnitaB
untitled.png
untitled.png (3.95 MiB) Viewed 4441 times
I actually have a list now assuming they all sprout ;) Ill add in the names of the seeds lateras I don't have them with me. I have 2 different sundews and a VFT. This time I used spagnam and sand about half n half
untitled.png
untitled.png (3.95 MiB) Viewed 4441 times
AnitaB liked this
By AnitaB
I seem to be having trouble uploading photos, says the file is to big, Ill add them later
By AnitaB
spag.png
spag.png (3.73 MiB) Viewed 4420 times
1/2 spag and 1/2 sand also used rain water, seem theres plenty of it after the monsoons the last 2 weeks.
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Don't worry. Most carnivorous plant seeds take a while to sprout. Two weeks is usually the minimum, so don't feel discouraged at them not sprouting right now.
By AnitaB
yeah, Iv'e read some of the sundews can take up to a few years to sprout.

*waiting patiently. ;)
By AnitaB
:D my VFT's sprouted yesterday, they still had the shell of the seeds on top like a little hat. Now if I can keep the algae away. The sundews will be next, I cant wait. I didn't even know about sundews until I came here.
By AnitaB
I did take a photo, but they were so small you could not see them. I'll try again when I get home.
By King Drosophyllum VI
My Drosera burmannii propogate by seed a lot. There are probably hundreds of them growing in every pot that has peat moss as soil in my greenhouse. I have planted seeds before and it took a couple of weeks for them to start germinating so I wouldn't worry about them. Good luck with the seeds.
By AnitaB
Sundews have not sprouted yet. still waiting. :? The VFTs are doing well, but don't seem to be getting larger. I'm starting to see algae, I took one of the light bulbs out to reduce the light. I'm taking it out with tweezers piece by piece hoping no sundews are attached.
By AnitaB
:cry: None of the sundews sprouted, suppose its time to give up on them. I'll hit up the seed bank when I can control the algae better.
By DragonsEye
AnitaB wrote::cry: None of the sundews sprouted, suppose its time to give up on them. I'll hit up the seed bank when I can control the algae better.
Not necessarily. I've had plants pop up as much as a year after sowing. (Of course, after I had alread sown another type of plant in the same pot..... :roll: Do you have the pots sitting outside getting some direct sun?
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!