FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By tgplp
Hi! I want to grow some sort of nepenthes, but I don't have much room and i'm a newbie, so is there a type of tropical pitcher that is small and easy to care for? ;) Also, where could I get it?

Thanks!

Tgplp :D
By Idontkno23
You can order a lot of small easy-to-grow plants online. Matt sells the Nepenthes 'Judith Finn', great starter plant and he has some nice looking ones too.

Some other easy plants include
N. Sanguinea
N. Ventricosa
N. Ventrata
N. Truncata

There are a lot of HL plants that are pretty easy to grow as indoor plants, you just have to find the one that works for you best.

Hope I helped.
-Chris
By Grey
Personally I love the N. Alata, I have two and you see noticeable growth on them every day! They are perfect in a windowsill and look fantastic once their pot is placed in a hanging basket.

Good luck!
By dimitar
Yes, Harris is right ! It really matters where do you live and what are your growing conditions which you have. Highland, Lowland or Ultrahighland Nep's have diferent demands.
By tgplp
Thanks guys! I live near seattle, which is in Western Washington if you didn't know. It is usually overcast... so, that might be a problem! :roll: I wish it wasn't like that!
Can you please explain what you mean by highland, lowland, and ultrahighland nepenthes? So, are there kind of like, different subspecies of neps depending on how high they live? :?:
Thanks again!

Tgplp :D

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!