Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By BrunoL
KissMegan wrote:Plants look great :)!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thank you Megan! That means a lot! :)
By Gil_
I had a question on how you deal with watering.. I am going to make a tank highland chamber and want to use the eggcrate to keep the plants raised from the bottom of the tank, but I am wondering what will happen to the water that collects at the bottom of the tank. Like won't algae end up forming at the bottom of the tank? How do you avoid that from happening?
By KissMegan
Gil_ wrote:I had a question on how you deal with watering.. I am going to make a tank highland chamber and want to use the eggcrate to keep the plants raised from the bottom of the tank, but I am wondering what will happen to the water that collects at the bottom of the tank. Like won't algae end up forming at the bottom of the tank? How do you avoid that from happening?
It's definitely bound to happen, I have my egg crate on top of big trays and I pour h2o2 in the trays about once a month. I'm sure there's many other things that'll kill algae in water too :) it doesn't get too bad ever.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By BrunoL
Gil_ wrote:I had a question on how you deal with watering.. I am going to make a tank highland chamber and want to use the eggcrate to keep the plants raised from the bottom of the tank, but I am wondering what will happen to the water that collects at the bottom of the tank. Like won't algae end up forming at the bottom of the tank? How do you avoid that from happening?
As Megan stated, algae is almost guaranteed to form if water collects at the bottom of a tank. I usually drain all the water out from a plug in the bottom of the chamber every time it becomes too dirty for comfort. In my experience, it usually only gets full of algae whenever coffee drains out from the bottom of the pots or when a piece of live sphagnum falls off.
A bit of H2O2 will also work fine. ;)
By katya_dog1
Wow! What type of light are you keeping that Heliamphora under?
By BrunoL
katya_dog1 wrote:Wow! What type of light are you keeping that Heliamphora under?
I'm currently keeping them under an EnviroGro 4 Bulb T5-HO about 20 inches away from the plants. Would switch to LEDs but they are not too pleasing to the eye, in my opinion. ;)
Attachments:
Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionasii w/Spanish moss
Heliamphora heterodoxa x ionasii w/Spanish moss
image.jpg (457 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (318.11 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (437.91 KiB) Viewed 2424 times
By 1 Novice gardener
Did the Hygrotherm have any option for a night temperature drop?
And why did you have to make a extension? As it must have had two places for the humidifier and cooler right?
I'm asking about the night temp drop as temperatures can exceed the limit for highlanders and ultrahighlanders in my area and I need something to maintain day temps also.

By the way, awesome setup!

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it?

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!