FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By alabama
accidently snipped off a perfectly health trap while removing the dead ones since the pot was crowded
i then put it in a mason jar with distilled water and a hole in the lid under lights this should have a good chance at striking right?
By tc3driver
Hi alabama,

I hate to say.... probably not... usually that only happens with, from what I understand, flower stocks, and leaf pullings (a small piece of the rhizome pulled off with the leaf).

Best of luck though :)
By alabama
tc3driver wrote:Hi alabama,

I hate to say.... probably not... usually that only happens with, from what I understand, flower stocks, and leaf pullings (a small piece of the rhizome pulled off with the leaf).

Best of luck though :)
i saw someones post that did this with b52 trap and got plantlets so its worth a try :D

edit: refering to this post http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/strik ... t6861.html
By tc3driver
I would say the trap strike is a rare occurrence... as I said I wish you nothing but the best and hope it does strike for you... But I also wouldn't be disappointed if it didn't strike.

Again best of luck, and be sure to let us know if it does strike :)
By Hayden
The leaf would do better in Live Sphagnum moss, as it was just an accident its worth a try to see if you get anything!
By alabama
Hayden wrote:The leaf would do better in Live Sphagnum moss, as it was just an accident its worth a try to see if you get anything!
i heard that plant tissue lives longer in just distilled water so lets try it hehe, thanks tcdriver i wont be disappointed if it strikes or not but no need for anything that could be a plant to go to waste
Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

I am definitely not with it today I can’t fi[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!