FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By x20villan02x
Im just wondering if anyone has any past experiences buy vfts from some of the websites selling them? i havent boughten any from FTS yet, but after reading everyones posts after they get them it looks like i'll be ordering some very soon!
basically US websites though..
By Hayden
Always buy through reccomendation. As youve got the fts you can buy pretty much everything from there! Ive always heard perfect feedback, youve got nothing to worry about! Just make sure your home upon arrival for potting!
By x20villan02x
yeah! that crimson sawtooth has been calling my name.
By Matt
x20villan02x wrote:yeah! that crimson sawtooth has been calling my name.
I absolutely love "FTS Crimson Sawtooth". It's a gorgeous plant and the first FlytrapStore original clone (and currently exclusive). And I believe that Steve just listed some for sale recently, so it's in stock right now.
By x20villan02x
odds are i'll end up placing an order either today or sometime over the weekend :lol: the only minor dissapointment is that dormancy is coming up and i wont be able to see them in their full summer glory. :Question: im guessing that the FTS Crimson Sawtooth is a relativly small cultivar/young aswell, would it be ok to do a fridge dormancy with it? Wrong section i know, but we're on the topic....lol
By DTDream18
You might want to check out this previous post.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/whats ... t7265.html

As far as recommendations.

1. FlytrapStore.com has hands down the nicest plants. The service is great and speed of delivery is incredible.
Nobody else comes close. A+++

2. Carnivorous plant nursery has some nice plants. Lots of nice varieties. But the prices are a little steep and shipping is expensive. Also the plants are kind of small.

3. Connors carnivores has nice plants and good service. I bought a great B52 from them. And his prices are very
reasonable.

4. Cooks carnivores has good prices, and a lot of different varieties, but the plants I've bought have been very disappointing and shipping time takes forever. I won't be buying from them again.

5 Bugbiting plants isn't bad. I got a nice healthy 8 - 10 year old common VFT from them. Prices are OK
DTDream18, DTDream18 liked this
By just5398
I've been EXTREMELY pleased with the plants I got from here, Fly trap store. and their customer service and shipping are second to none!!!!!
I first ordered from petflytrap,com and will NEVER order from them again. My package got lost and they have not answered any of my e-mails so I finally sent them an e-mail saying I will be sure to tell anyone who asks that they are the worst! So basically i gave them over $40 and I got nothing. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to stick to my word. =)
By x20villan02x
damn just. it sucks to hear that. i cant believe that you just ended up with nothing but 40 less dollars in your pocket. looks like i wont be ordering from them, thanks to you ;)
i ordered a pink venus,and a dente from bugbitingplants not to long ago. the plants were small, but overall they looked good, and the shipping was actually pretty fast. they only ship plants on tuesdays. does the FTS also do that?
By Steve_D
x20villan02x wrote:they only ship plants on tuesdays. does the FTS also do that?
FlytrapStore.com ships orders on most Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, with some exceptions. We don't ship on Wednesdays because of the likelihood that the plants will sit in some postal warehouse an extra day (Sunday) before being delivered.

Steve
By alabama
DTDream18 wrote:You might want to check out this previous post.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/whats ... t7265.html

As far as recommendations.

1. FlytrapStore.com has hands down the nicest plants. The service is great and speed of delivery is incredible.
Nobody else comes close. A+++

2. Carnivorous plant nursery has some nice plants. Lots of nice varieties. But the prices are a little steep and shipping is expensive. Also the plants are kind of small.

3. Connors carnivores has nice plants and good service. I bought a great B52 from them. And his prices are very
reasonable.

4. Cooks carnivores has good prices, and a lot of different varieties, but the plants I've bought have been very disappointing and shipping time takes forever. I won't be buying from them again.

5 Bugbiting plants isn't bad. I got a nice healthy 8 - 10 year old common VFT from them. Prices are OK
ive had the best service from FTS ive also bought from CPN carnivorous plant nursery their prices are steep and the plants are smallish

BUT CPNs Plants was way better then bugbiting plants i ordered a $25 sar and $20 vigorous venus flytrap from there they get here and neither of them has a singletrap/pitcher and it took them 2 weeks to ship them.
alabama liked this
By tc3driver
I have to agree with everything said here... I have made 1 purchase outside of FTS, and will not in the future... Normally I make an order from FTS and it is at my door in 2~4 days, usually 2. The prices are good, shipping is fair, and every plant is happy and healthy when it gets here.

I ordered some Ulcs from Michael Sleese (SIC), there was no shipping notification, and it took over 2 weeks for the plants to get to my door, and shipping costs almost the same amount as the plugs. The plants themselves were in good condition... the FTS is the only place I will be shopping for CP's ... just need to convince Matt and Steve to start selling Ucls and Darlingtona :P
By Matt
tc3driver wrote:just need to convince Matt and Steve to start selling Ucls and Darlingtona :P
I'm not sure we'll ever go down the Ucls road, but the Darlingtonia are on their way. I just sent Steve a bunch of Darlingtonia TC babies and I have plenty here that I need to pot up.

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae a[…]

VFT nice catch

Ah, that's a crane fly! Also called mosquito hawks[…]

Im not sure if May is open yet, if it is this is m[…]

Would I be allowed to request seeds for both April[…]

I have an indoor grow light setup I'd like to try […]

im not sure as the door isnt on yet (my dads makin[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!