FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By MrSleeves
So as luck would have it, I have 2 Regia growing side by side. Here are a few pics to see my dilemma.
I know Regia can be very temperamental when transplanting or disturbing their roots from all my research. Main questions are:

Looking at the pics does anyone see a need to separate them? (3" tall pot)

I noticed that mine grow more upward opposed to flat, is it because they are under a more direct light source or because the plants are so close?

If I need to transplant them what are some tips?
Thanks

By SundewWolf
I would leave them alone at this point. Repotting will likely disturb them quite a bit. They may also be attached to the same stolon if these were not seed grow, and cutting that would set them back.

But...I have killed every regia I've ever tried to grow, so what do I know.
By Bhart90
You lucky ducky!

I'd wait till fishman sees this post, he's my go to for the plant
By Fishman
I would wait until the roots begin to appear near the bottom of the pot before repotting. If they are poking out, shoot me a pm and i will help you with the process. Theyre not as sensitive as some think. Just a small example, several months ago i was moving one of my regia into a 15in dia x 9in tall pot. This plant has large leaves and is a mammoth. One of the two large tap roots that it had grew through the little grate (on the old pot ) at the bottom that divides the self watering tray from the main pot. I tried to cut the grate open so that I could get the large root unstuck and I accidentally pulled the whole root off at the base of the plant. This root was about a foot and a half long. It is showing zero signs of stress whatsoever, and has even flowered for me since. Smaller plants may be set back a bit, but if you continue to keep it in the conditions it prefers, it will bounce back. Just give it a bit longer and wait for the roots to get a little more formation and let me know if you have any concerns.

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

He gets direct morning sun until noon/1pmish then […]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!