FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
if I wanted to put my pings under my lights with the rest of my sundews, bladderworts, and seedlings, would the longer photoperiod wake them up? or is it mainly the lack of moisture that makes them sleep. they seem to be doing fine in the window but not sure if they'd want more light :)
By tommyr
If they are Mexican pings don't worry about it.
By Grey
Photoperiod has a role to play in inducing and therefore reversing succulent leaves in Mexican Pinguicula, but this is tied into moisture as you rightly say. As I've not used artificial lighting for my carnivorous plants I can't really comment too much on whether this would affect your plants that already exhibit succulent growth, but I'm confident that those with more experience will be able to help (as I can see they already are). :)
By eithan0693
It is true it plays a role, but let's take one I know for sure for example. The corpse flower goes dormant for a minimum of 52 days no matter the temps the light or using different hormones. 52 days is shortened from the normal 4 month dormancy by keeping it warm, long hours of light, high moisture and gba3. So there's some rules as to how long a plant will stay dormant but we definitely have alot of influence over what they Do.
eithan0693 liked this
By Earthy
okay thanks everyone! I'll just leave them in the window since they seem to be doing great there. they'll just have to wait to color up till the Spring when I can put them outside lol...
Earthy liked this

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Sundew in forest

Catfish won't eat mosquito larvae as the larvae a[…]

VFT nice catch

Ah, that's a crane fly! Also called mosquito hawks[…]

Im not sure if May is open yet, if it is this is m[…]

Would I be allowed to request seeds for both April[…]

I have an indoor grow light setup I'd like to try […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!