FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By toysareforboys
I got them free with some sundews I bought. They were doing really poor until I got full spectrum monster LED lights. They are doing great now, growing lots and a very dark red :)

-Jamie M.
By katya_dog1
I love the moss around it, looks great!
By toysareforboys
katya_dog1 wrote:I love the moss around it, looks great!
Haha, thanks :( It was OK until I got my full spectrum LED lights, now it grows like crazy!!!

I have to give it a haircut about every 3 days or so, starting to get REAL annoying. It even grew over TWO of my sundew plants when I was away for a week! :(

It's like a cat when I go away now, I have to get someone to come take care of it. lol.

-Jamie M.
By katya_dog1
That's a beautifully colored Purpurea, as well! I really need to get me some LEDs... The coloration under them is just phenomenal. Ebay sellers have begun to state "this plant is grown under LEDs, do not expect this coloration under normal lighting" in their listings.
By toysareforboys
Anymal911 wrote:I agree^^^^^
Could you post a link to the light you bought please?
This is the exact one I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/600W-Led-Grow-L ... 1496160289

My only complaint is that it's a bit loud. It has two big fans inside it that run all the time that it's turned on. Would be nice if they were thermally controlled because the room where I keep the plants is usually very cool so I'm sure they don't need to run at 100% all the time. I can shoot a video if you want to see how loud it is. I would say about half the volume of a good quality vacuum cleaner.

-Jamie M.
toysareforboys liked this
By TS 1989
toysareforboys wrote:
Anymal911 wrote:I agree^^^^^
Could you post a link to the light you bought please?
This is the exact one I bought: http://www.ebay.com/itm/600W-Led-Grow-L ... 1496160289

My only complaint is that it's a bit loud. It has two big fans inside it that run all the time that it's turned on. Would be nice if they were thermally controlled because the room where I keep the plants is usually very cool so I'm sure they don't need to run at 100% all the time. I can shoot a video if you want to see how loud it is. I would say about half the volume of a good quality vacuum cleaner.

-Jamie M.
600W... I guess my electrical bill is gonna explode if I use that.
By toysareforboys
TS 1989 wrote:600W... I guess my electrical bill is gonna explode if I use that.
I checked it with my clamp meter, said 268 watts. If you check the listing it says it's equivalent of 600 watt light bulbs (lumens output) but only draws 275 watts ;)

-Jamie M.
Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Two issues. The only filiformis var Floridana we h[…]

primaflora likes to be almost wet. I keep it in sh[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1671. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1670. I'll PM[…]

Hey everyone! I'm back on my hunt to look for a d[…]

New cultivar potential?

For its stout leaves and proportionately large t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!